Why do people think that blue eye shadow HAS to be tacky?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know really...I think platinum blondes really ruined that cool style for all of us. Or ad least tried to ruin it. I still wear it and it looks awesome.

I wear bright eye shadows mostly on my lower lids, and it accentuates my blue/green eyes. If I wear green, my eyes are green, if I wear blue, they're blue. It's fun!

You have blue eyes, go with it.

Some examples:

link

link

link

link

link

. . .

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it looks tacky at all tbh, I think any eyeshadow can look tacky if it isn't applied correctly. Blue eyeshadow is one of my favs on girls lol, I just think its gotten a bad rap because of slutty girls applying so much of it it could kill a small horse, but that's another story lol.

What Girls Said 4

• It isn't always tacky, but blue eyeshadow is one of those things where is looks bad if it's not applied just right.

I think these looks are cool-- link

link

link

link

I like the way the blue pops and the rest of the makeup is subdued so that the blue is the main attention grabber.

However, when there are girls running around like this-- link

link it gives blue eyeshadow a bad rep.

• I don't think that, but it's generally because most people can't pull it off :)

• Dammit Stillwater took my answer.

• I didn't know blue eye shadow was considered tacky.