Why are people on here so against thin legs?

Whenever I ask a question on how to go from having muscular legs(from running) to thin legs, no one answers my questions BUT, people will call me anorexic or tell me I'm promoting it. Well, if that's the case, wouldn't you tell me the correct and safe way of going about it?

I don't like having muscular legs and most guys don't like it either because they're(muscular/toned legs) unattractive and masculine. In fact, skinny fat is generally preferred and it overall looks better and in the long run, being thin is better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess people are against having thin legs because once being that way was idolized. Now women with a more regular, or curaveous figure are now the center of attention. Having a model like physique is unrealsitic for most, so what is in plain view is women that suit the average weight. Many people that were for being thin or having thin legs are now against it.

I say do what makes you happy and not care what others have to say.

• Ty for ba :)

• Actually curvy women have always been in the center of attention.. for thousands of years. Just recently the fashion industry idolized corpse-looking skinny women, but as you mentioned, luckily that sick trend is fading and things are returning to normal!

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think it has as much to do with their preferences as it is the fact that having legs as thin as YOU want more or less is simply a matter of genetics. Therefore if you don't already have them naturally there's no way you can get them without doing unhealthy things to your body, such as starving yourself and letting muscles totally atrophy.

• In fact it's not just legs. The body type you want stems from having a very specific frame type/body shape referred to as an ectomorph frame. No amount of exercises or dieting you do will get you there if you don't have this very specific natural frame type. Therefore people who are knowledgeable about the more scientific end of things will try to dissuade you from doing what you're doing since it's entirely futile and we would like to see you realize that before you start trying dangerous or

• The problem here is that you're not looking for an answer, but what you want to hear. If you were truly looking for an actual answer then you would be open to the possibility that the answer is not necessarily what you want to hear.

• nah, other people answered it, but nice try

• I haven't been on here very long, and haven't seen any questions like this... and I haven't seen any questions about eating disorders or anything (someone posted a question like this about eating disorder posts and obesity posts)

I myself am not against thin legs... what I am "against"/not attracted to, are "skinny" structures. My reason is that I don't like to feel bones on girls easily. Legs... I don't really think are affected in such a way, shins and knees will always be at the surface and nothing else will on virtually every size person.

But... at the same time I don't really think there is a safe way of "removing" muscle. The problem is that if you attempt to remove any muscle from the body, it will most likely be removed from every part of the body at the same time and still keep your muscle ratios the same. :(

What I mean is... if you have two times more muscle in your thighs than your calves, and you lose muscle mass, you will probably lose one part calf muscle and two part thigh muscle.

• Well ,that depends, I need a visual example of what you mean by "thin" legs.

Sexy- link

Not so sexy- link

Fat ugly legs- link

• Mmm, I like the second link better. But it's not really your place to persuade me not to go from muscular to those

• I'll bet you do

• Well, suit yourself, I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just giving you my opnion.

• Alright, when you say "skinny legs" what comes to my mind are legs that are disproportionately thin, generally with bones and tendons more obviously visible than normal.

Sort of as shown in this link and this link

I don't know if either of those women are anorexic, and I don't particularly care. However, they both look sort of skeletal, and I don't find that attractive.

Now, legs as shown in this link and link for example (and I hate using Paris Hilton as a positive example of anything) are very attractive.

I don't know if it's something to do with the angle, but the legs in this link seem disproportionately large, and that's not particularly attractive either. The ones in this link look better, but they're likely photoshopped to some degree, usually legs that thick aren't that smooth.

All things being equal though, I prefer nice, toned/athletic legs, and I still prefer thick legs to skinny legs in most cases. I think what it comes down to is a psychological/sexual thing. Skinny legs look more childish than anything, so thick legs are still closer to what a woman's legs would optimally be, bearing some semblance of a woman's natural curves. And apart from that, when I'm looking at a woman's legs, I'm looking at something that ultimately I'd be grabbing hold of while f*cking her, so I'm sure that feeds into my preference.

Although it's fair to say that I might not have thought exactly the same way, say 14 years ago. When I was younger, I'd probably have been less forgiving of the thicker legs, though I probably still would have been about as harsh towards the thinner ones. When you're young and otherwise ignorant, it's easier to expect, or even demand, the photoshopped perfection that the media portrays as normal. My mindset is vastly different now, life experience does that.

• I got carried away, you're looking for a way to go from having thick legs from running, to having thin legs. That's a tough one. For starters, I'd say you should stop the running immediately. However, being that you are athletic, you need some sort of activity to do that will help you keep their tone while slimming. I'd recommend switching to yoga for your primary exercise routine. Keep to that for a few months, and see what your results are.

• because most girls on here are fatasses and most guys on here are willing to make those fat women feel better by insinuating that any thin person is anorexic.

CLEARLY, only FAT women can be FAT because of their "hormonal problems" and "thyroid issues." No one can be naturally thin

• The only comment I made about anorexia is that I wasn't going to speculate on it. There are plenty of people out there with very thin legs that eat well enough. I know several. I don't see how food consumption is an issue here.

• I'm not against thin legs at all. I just don't have an oppinion on this subject because lack of knowledge. I didn't pay much attention in nutrition class. If I say something on this site, I feel that I have to back it up with evidence or proof because A LOT of people are sensitive to some topics. People on here are so frusterating that I choose not to answer some questions or I'll get nothing but hate responses

• Muscles degrade naturally over time, if you don't work out. Ask any body builder. If they have to spend a few weeks away from the gym, they lose muscle mass and tone.

Whatever you did to get muscular legs.. stop doing it. That's the easy way, even if it takes a little time.

• nothing wrong with muscular legs - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so don't worry about those who don't find them attractive. I enjoy looking at shapely (toned and slightly muscular) rather than skinny or fat legs.

• why are people against thin legs: it is unhealthy

Same as going from muscular or fat legs to thin legs its unhealthy

• thin doesn't mean unhealthy

nice try though

could be why so many people in America are fatasses

• I guess people from the Netherlands aren't as smart as once thought

Goodbye if you aren't going to answer my question and are going to make bullsh*t up

• Im smart eneugh to know your never going to get the answer your looking for anyways

• I don't think they are. I think they are just against your obsession with your and against starvation. I think they want to help you improve your body image and get you focused in a positive direction.

• *with your legs

• This was the question: "Why are people on here so against thin legs?" It was answered in my initial response. Getting an attitude will get you no where in life girl.

• And my response it to why it's taken so long for a proper response

• "Thin" is ambiguous. How thin are we talking? I like "thin" by societies standards, never have liked big thighs or asses, but I still like shape and curve.

• If you continue running I guess thereĀ“s not much you can do - maybe shift your workout to a more wholesome routine that also focuses on your upper body.

Personally I have no issue with toned legs especially if the come from an active lifestyle

• Don't work out and don't eat fatty foods. You have toned "big" legs because you work out..also, fatty foods, like with your stomach, can cause bigger legs.

Don't worry about people on here telling you not to do something. They're just jealous etc..

• really thin legs looks so frail and unhealthy. toned legs with some mass looks really attractive :)

• I like thin legs..always have...and I always will..not good about the "how to" though..):

• wow, one person can admit that on here. I forget how most people on here are fat girl chasers

• LOL! That I am NOT...if fact, the fastest way for any female to scare me away is to gain a bunch of weight..and it does not help that several aggressive bbws (or buws) have virtually attacked me.o.O

What Girls Said 9

• Their is a big difference between thin legs (naturally or leaning out) and bony legs (unhealthy). The images that I have seen from some questions that you have posted have been seriously unhealthy looking. I don't think that5 they are against thin legs but skinny legs.

I know people who have naturally no meat on the at all, but they can't help that. They eat normally and some actually too much because they know they can. You cannot achieve that look unless you take unhealthy measures.

Thin - link

Skinny- link

• Well why don't you post a picture of your legs as they are now? That would help.

If you want leaner legs then do exercises that promote lean muscle growth, that would be the best way.

link

People probably just think you want something ugly and unhealthy, no disrespect to girls with naturally very weak looking legs, so that's why they call you anorexic.

And if you really think about it you'll see that to get legs super skinny you're whole body looses a lot too. You can't alter one part of the machine and not feel the effects elsewhere.

Now to the main question in a this is the answer type thing. The pictures you've shown are malnourished girls where obviously there bodies aren't getting what they need. The human body craves fat and muscle on the leg, it's your largest and it should always be.The people have an aversion to spying the outline of a bone. Men are attracted on the most part to curves, it's been that way since cave men days.Now you're legs have to carry you around and if you starve it out now what will you walk on in your older days?

Do some exercises and reconsider getting malnourished legs ..because they have a very negative connotation...do you want to look like...that link below? Because you say you have muscular legs and it will take a lot to break down that muscle to the point that by the time you're done you may have a problem.

link

• ...why don't you just take up smoking? the nicotine will surpress your apetite and you won't have the lung capacity to excercise anymore...your muscles will slowly waste away and before you know it you'll have those tooth picks you so desperately want.

you may also eventually get emphasema and slowly drown in your own fluids...but beauty is obviously more important than health so...

• there is a differece between already nice and toned legs and thighs verses chicken legs who have been starving for a month. I've seen the pics of the legs you want to acheieve and I feel they look horrible! they were too skinny and you have your own body frame so not everyone can achieve that look.

• i've always answered your questions helpfully as I could-i've given you advice,it's just that it's hard to go from muscular to skinny without endangering your health,so it's hard to give good advice.

and the guys liking fat legs thing-i'm pretty sure guys are just confused. from what I've noticed-guys consider this link to be a woman with thick legs. that is actually a woman with skinny legs,but her waist is so unnaturally tiny that it makes her thighs look bigger than they really are. so,ask for examples when guys tell you they like big legs-so you know whether or not they're idiots.

• your link doesn't work. it led me to a web design pic

• it's just a pin up girl,any pin up girl is just as good for an example of this. they were usually skinny-but are considered chubby cause they were curvy-actually curvy,not euphemism for fat curvy

• I think the reason that no one can answer your question to your satisfaction is because there isn't one.

I'm not gonna give you that spill about how thicker legs are sexy, blah blah - cos I know you don't wanna hear it. I think slim, toned legs can be insanely hot, no doubt. Hence why long, lean legs are so popularised. I think most guys don't give a sh*t so long as the chick has toned legs that aren't skeletal or chubby as hell.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. How to get skinny legs? You have to reduce your body fat percentage (exercise, nutrition). Maintain a slight calorie deficit and do a sh*t load of cardio (aerobics, interval training). From previous postings of yours, it sounds like you already do those things.

You can't really fight your body type - if your legs are naturally thicker, I don't really see any healthy way to get them skinny, ya know?

• Let me just say that being thin isn't "better" than anything.

People should aim to be healthy not thin.

As for the muscular legs thing, I get you.

My legs a pretty muscular too, but I think it's in my genes.

I've never heard anyone say anything about them though, and it doesn't bother me much.

• Get on the Tracy Anderson wagon. Exercise minus bulking. I want to talk you into it. I've tried so many times.

• I can honestly say I simply didn't see your question. I'd like thinner legs. I have thunder thighs.