Is there such a thing as a pretty fat girl?

I'm naturally big boned. I've been on multiple diets. I've gone to the doctor. I watch what I eat, how much I eat, and I exercise. I play on sports teams. I just can't loose weight. Everyone always tells me that I'm so pretty. I have a pretty face and eyes and stuff like that. Is there such a thing as a pretty fat girl? Or are people just being nice when they say that?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to be size 0 or a supermodel to be attractive. I don't know how you're defining fat, but unless it's like 500lbs, not being small doesn't make you unattractive. Yes, there are guys out there who want that skinny girl that the media keeps yelling at everyone about. However, a lot of guys don't want that. The key issue is that you are healthy. Being overly skinny or overly heavy can both be unhealthy. You don't sound like that's an issue for you, so I wouldn't worry. Be happy with yourself. Don't worry if you aren't the size 0 or whatever. Be yourself. Be healthy. Be happy. You'll find someone who wants you for you and that's what matters in the end. If you run across one of those guys who only wants the size 0 then he isn't the guy for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. Her name is Queen Latifah

What Girls Said 6

• Of course there's such a thing. I know a couple of girls who aren't slender, and they're truly, honestly gorgeous. I think they're much prettier than some of the Hollywood actresses that we see today! ^-^

• of course! what a silly question, its not just skinny girls that are pretty-everyone has potential!

• Yeh defo! There are loads of bigger girls that still look really pretty!

• Of course! Fat doesn't automatically make you ugly no matter what the media tells you. If people tell you that you're pretty, believe them! Why else would they say it? Ugly girls aren't getting people saying that they're pretty to be nice. That's not something someone would do, lie and tell someone they're cute when they're not.

• yeah because you can have beautiful features such as a beautiful face, nice hair, you have style. my friend is overweight but she has beautiful eyes that guys do notice and she knows how to dress well

• Yeah, my friend is "thick" but she is really hot and pretty. Guys go gaga over her.