Can I wear converse with a casual skater dress? Or would I look ridiculous?

So I'm trying to move away from the typical boring old jeans and a graphic tee look. I'm athletic, not stick thin, so I can't really pull off the urban/hipster looks, so I was thinking I'd try something simple. I like the idea of a casual skater dress, but I can't walk in heels, or plat forms. I love my converse, I have both high tops and normal height ones, and I was wondering if it'd be okay if I wore my converse with casual skater dresses? I found a couple cute very simple ones at forever21, and I wanted to know if I'd be okay pairing them with some converse. If not, what alternatives are there than heels/wedges?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only way to know how to walk in heels, is practice. Practice makes perfect and if you're not willing to do it then yeah, you could wear converse with a skater dress. You'll just attract the boys who like that sort of style

What Guys Said 3

• The real question is what the hell is a skater dress? How can you skate in a dress?

• Casual dresses that girls wear, not the dresses you see in nightclubs

• But then how is it a skater dress if you don't skate in it?

• It's just the type and style of the dress, it doesn't mean you skate in it.

• link link Yeah it can those two things can work together. Why not a pair of flats though?

• um yeah I know girls tht do tht I think it looks cool as long as they match...

What Girls Said 5

• link of course. you can wear flats too.

• Of course. It doesn't look bad at all. I've done this before.

• Yeah, looks really cute paired together.

• Yes it's totally cool , and really cute, I also found a flower skater dress at forever 21, and I'm wearing it with pink converse.

• I wear them like that. I think it looks cute.