Why do thongs stick out so much?

So I bought a few thongs last week. My friends are always teasing me about wearing boy shorts all the time and bikini cut panties, so I figured I'd try out thongs to see if I like them. I've worn one before for under a dance dress but I want to start trying to wear them full-time as they prevent pantylines. But last week when I wore one to school with some AE jeans I was sitting in class and just happened to reach around to pull my shirt down and noticed my thong totally showing (like the triangle and some of the sides)! I have worn these jeans before with regular underwear and nothing ever was visible when my back was showing.. why is it that a thong would now peek out with the same jeans? And they are the right size, they sit under the waistband of my jeans. I came home and tried on other jeans and pants, and sat and bent down and same thing...my thong shows. I'm gonna keep wearing them but I can see this might get annoying. Ladies any advice would help.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't wear them, but I look :D

Your other panties are more likely to get pulled down when you flex at the waist (like when sitting). The distance from the base of your butt to the top increases when you sit, and your other panties would - like your jeans - be pulled down somewhat. The thong isn't impacted so continues to sit at your waist at the back.

What Guys Said 5

• Having observed many "whale tail" exposures I can attest that it's usually simple physics. When a girl develops the hips of a woman the angle of the waistband to the triangle becomes more acute due to the higher waist. That is to say that the angle of the whale tail is directly proportional to the mass of the ass.

• The strap of the thong is different than those of boyshorts and bikinis. also, I think boyshorts and bikinis on women are hotter than thongs. don't let your friends tease you like that. And men don't care about pantylines, only women do. You think guys are like, "oh, dam*, look at that hot girl over there, I'd love to f, uh wait, what's that I see, pantylines? ew, deal breaker". lol, no, we don't do that. stop worrying about pantylines

• Maybe they were designed that way? Could be the idea was thought of by a man to show men that THIS girl is wearing a thong & likes the extra attention it gives. Attention not only from men but also the extra attention it gives you in your special spot. Women have told me they like the way it rubs them there. So that is where that came from. Personally, I find a woman wearing a thong (or even going Commando) to be very enticing. So if you don't mind the looks (or the attention it brings) and it feels good for you, go for it!

• its called a whale tail. inorder to go in the valley it needs to start at the crack. which is my thongs i think are actually higher than bikini panties

• excessive pubic hair or a large clitoris or vagina parts/lips

What Girls Said 3

• I don't care much for them myself, although have worn them to "impress whoever gave it to me," and looked sexy in it. Flimsy, but fulfilling, to say the least.lol

I am not big on anything covering my privates anymore, like them on either end to breathe, to sort of speak, and with this, have never had any yeast infections either in doing this. Aside from "that time of the month," when required to "cover up", I love to "breeze through"with no lines or panty briefs.

Anyways, if any girl, no matter what "seems to show" they can do "the thong thing" all day long, good for her.lol I was always just good to go for "show and tell" alone, in the privacy of closed doors..

PS..As far as the "why do they stick out so much? Maybe this holds true for this "whale of a tale" story..:))xx

• Thongs are different in that there is less fabric for your jeans or pants to grab in the back. Sounds weird but since bikini cut panties have a full fabric back they kinda ride up and down with your jeans as you sit or bend. A thong basically stays put at your waist, so if your jeans drop low when you sit, the thong will stay there and be visible. Not much you can do to help it other than maybe getting a size smaller in thong and g string than you would if you bought bikini coverage panties. The strappy part along your waist will likely sit lower and stay underneath your jeans. Or get longer shirts, but if you're like me I can't stand big baggy shirts.

I usually have a routine at school. Walk into class, sit down, and without making it seem so obvious, I check to see if mine is showing. If not then I am good, although I check again if I move or something. If mine is showing I just casually tuck it back in. Simple. My back shows with all my shirts and sweaters so its like a normal habit I have of checking for my thong coming out. Just don't draw too much attention to adjusting yourself in your chair, or becoming completely obsessed with it! I feel mine showing all the time, I just repeat the routine, and calmly tuck it back in. It's only slutty or skanky if you start TRYING to show it. Believe it or not some girls now are trying to make that horrible hiked up thong strap look come back to style!

• The straps of the thongs hike up your hips and unless the waistline of your pants is really high they do happen to stick out. Some people like this look, but its mostly considered trashy if someone can get a peek of your thong. I wouldn't wear thongs just because your friends are teasing you, wear what you want. Thongs aren't healthy anyway because the bacteria crawls up your urethra and you can get UTIs wearing them constantly.