Chipped nail polish... is it a sign?

What's up everybody. So, I went out to dinner with a girl I'm talking to last weekend. While we were eating I noticed that her nail polish was chipped on several of her finger nails. It was kind a a turn off to me (like she didn't really prepare for the date, or was nonchalant about how she looks). Do you think the chipped nail polish is a sign of a deeper grooming issue, or am I being too critical? haha

Thanks

Guess there's pretty much a consensus on this one. Just to clarify, it wasn't one chip. Basically the polish was chipped a lot on several fingers. Not that that necessarily matters, but it might makes more sense at to why I noticed it in the first
place. Anyway, thanks for the comments. I will keep your answers in mind the next time I think about criticizing/analyzing my next date. haha. Thanks again.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you are not being too critical. Some women aren't really into their appearance like that, some are. You just ran into someone who isn't. She should have groomed herself better especially if it was the first date. I mean was the dinner last minute? Maybe she just didn't have the time to take care of her nails and too busy taking care of other things.

• No, we had planned the date about a week beforehand. haha

What Girls Said 8

• you are a bit nuts, buddy.

seriously? I won't even wear the stuff. it takes a good 20-30 minutes to do it and get it to set, during which you cannot do much else.

Add 30 minute shower (at least if she is shaving)
    Add 30 minutes fixing hair
    Add 15 minutes at least fixing makeup if she wears it
    Add 15-45 minutes sorting out her outfit

Bet you she put a lot more time into being reasonably prepared than you did.

Unless you are taking her out to a 5 star restaurant or gala, (and have given her time to prepare). I think you better start managing your expectations. Especially if this was a post-work or last minute/short notice date, I really think you are noticing the wrong things.

• lol I actually asked this a couple of hours ago www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q964033-chipped-nail-polish-unkempt

Doing your nails takes a lot of time. 1 hour, at least, to let it fully. And while you let it dry, you can't touch anything. You're basically walking around the house like a retard with your 10 fingers spread. And if you add filing and forming the nails to it, and also taking care of the nails (not just painting), it takes a long time...

And if she's a busy girl, she might not have time for all that. And a busy girl means good, it means she doesn't just sit around on her ass being a princess.

Just look at other stuff too, if she's otherwise not unkempt, I'd say cut her some slack. She's just human.

• you're being way too critical

• Do you know how much prep work there is to getting ready for ONE date?
    Too much! Besides if you're not turned on by a lady that works then what does turn ya on?
    Plus, how are you going to feel if she wakes up in your bed before you, and see her unshowered, hair and possibly makeup a mess? That ain't pretty lol
    You gotta take the good and the bad doll. (:

• Well... my nail polish will always be perfect from now on. Thank you.

• Glad I could help. lmao

• I think you might be being to critical. I knw when I have nail polish on it sometimes does chip if I had a rough day at work and working lot with my hands nail polish does tend to chip. Did she look clean and was she dressed nice if she wasn't the im sure she's not very into her appearance.

• Wow. If that's your definition of "deep grooming issues" then you're going to have some serious trouble with finding a relationship. Do you know how long it takes a girl to get ready? Let alone paint her nails and let it dry while she's trying to get ready? Try to maintain some realistic expectations, here.

• No, chipped nail polish is not a sign of a grooming issue, in my opinion.
    Nail polish chips VERY easily, even when we're trying to be careful. Most women don't get their nails done for every date.
    I think you're definitely being too critical, haha!

What Guys Said 3

• really? you know how long it takes a woman to do all that stuff? add to it hair, makeup, etc...
    I would cut her some slack.

• I sorta notice that stuff too. It's a turn off. Either have that shit on and in place or don't wear nail polish at all which is my preference anyway.

I never really gave it much consideration the way you have though. Never attributed it to grooming but you may be right. No, come to think of it that makes no sense. I know plenty of girls that have their perfect nails on but are complete slobs at the house.

So yes, you are being too critical.

• I take a lot of pride in my appearance, especially when on a date. Of course, I shower, which takes 20-30 minutes because I have long hair; I shave, which takes 15 minutes; I don a collared shirt and tie, which does actually take time to select the proper match; and I make sure I smell good. If my shoes are scuffed, I polish and shine them: this takes 30 minutes. All of this preparation takes 90 minutes or more. If she doesn't notice that her nails are chipped and take care of that (either remove it or put on a fresh coat) before a date, then she doesn't care about her appearance as much as I do mine, and I am out of her league.

• I definitely feel you on that bro. I don't want to be overly critical, but at the same time it's that can be easily taken care of.

• And i highly doubt that a girl who is perfectly groomed (other than chipped nails) is out of a hillbilly from NC's league)

• Thank you for the compliment.