Why do some girls send me "fake texts" where they pretend to text someone else?

Several girls have done this to me. An Ex who, after having ignored her for over four months sends me a text saying "Oh, I'll be right there don't worry" to which I was like "WHAT?" to which she then wrote back "Oops, sorry, I meant this for someone else, bye!" Then one time I was talking to this girl on the phone who wanted to stay up all night with me on the phone but I said I wanted to go because she also wanted to watch a movie with her cousin but said she wanted to talk to me more and would skip the movie but I didn't want to interrupt or be rude to her cousin, so she then after hanging up with her she sends me a text half an hour later: "OH, NO I CAN'T TALK SORRY, I'M ALMOST ASLEEP" to which then I was like "What?" and she's like "Oh sorry, not for you." and then one time I get a text from a girl I hadn't talk to for A YEAR who sends me a text saying "I just got it, thanks, it was very sweet ;-)" and I was like "What?" and she texts back "Oh, my bad, I sent the text to the wrong person" then this one girl who I had no interest in but she had my number sends me a text saying "I can't wait for the movies tonight!" and I was like "what?" and she's like "oh, sorry, wrong guy" I don't know if this sh*t only happens to me or what. Girls do you do this and why? Guys has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ever they are all being honest, in which case you seem to be mistaken easily

But "OH, NO I CAN'T TALK SORRY, I'M ALMOST ASLEEP" was an odd reply after saying she wanted to stay up all night to talk to you

I think they might do it to see how you respond or if you haven't texted in ages maybe they wonder if you have the same number

If a conversation I have online dies down a little I do consider doing this, so I can explain my mistake and hopefully get a convo out of it :P I never do it though