Is my ex boyfriend in a rebound relationship or did he already move on?

So he got together with a co-worker a week after we broke up. A few weeks after that they are basically living together and spending every single day together. Not to mention they are co-workers from the same shift so they see each other at work too. When he broke up with me he deleted me from Facebook a few days later "because he couldn't sleep" which is true cuz i was on all the time and he kept logging in and out. While we were in a relationship he rarely used Facebook to post anything. He just went in there and liked pictures and messaged relatives back home. I got curious and i checked his Facebook page :/ NOW, he's constantly uploading pictures of them together for public view,(even though all his other pictures of himself and family are private), posting cute things like "She cooked me and my bro dinner, my girlfriend is awesome!" and he's constantly posting "Having fun with my GF at golden coral" or other restaurants. They have known each other for a month when he broke up with me and they have been dating barely for two months. I know their relationship started out extremely rocky because my sis works with them and she saw the fight almost everyday.He cut contact with me exactly one month ago after he begged me to see him one last time in person. But during their first month of the relationship he kept calling me and asking me how i was doing and sometimes he would call me to tell me the guy i was seeing was just using me and that he still cared for me as person but he didn't love me. THEN he goes into a jealousy fit when i told him i didn't care since i was seeing someone else. Saying to be careful because he would kick any guy who fucks me over and take them on a "drive to the desert". BUT then he practically shoved in my face his "GREAT" relationship with this girl, saying he was happy and even if they constantly fought he enjoyed every moment of it because "he like her a lot". Did he really move on or is he on a rebound?

1911

Most Helpful Girl

• Them being all over each other, that could be genuine happiness together, or it could be an urge to make it look like he has moved on and to forget about you. Do they do something every day? Like everyday they go to the zoo or the movies or out to dinner or to the beach, etc etc? If they do that it implies rebound to me - in a new relationship you do things frequently but not every day. More like once or twice a week and the rest of the time you enjoy each other's company.
    Again, shoving the relationship in your face, that's normally a sign of a rebound as well. But it also probably means he hasn't moved on from you - surely if he was totally over you your feelings should be far lower down on his list of priorities, right?

However. The time at which it took him to meet her and leave you is odd... normally with a rebound it's sort of the first person they meet. They've had a bit of time to get to know each other and start to like each other, so maybe it is a genuine relationship. If it is, he ended the relationship with you extremely badly, and out of respect he should have waited some time before going public with his new relationship.

Does the new girl look like you, or totally opposite? It's not a helpful question, but apparently some rebounds either go for the spitting image of you (because they miss you) or the absolute total opposite (because they are trying to forget you and go to the other extreme). You'll find if she is a rebound, she won't be in the middle. Aka if you have blonde hair, she'll have brunette, if your a bit on the skinny side, she's a bit on the plump side, etc.

Regardless if this is a rebound, it sounds like you've dodged a bullet. And I'm not just saying it - my ex did something similar and everyone said to me how I deserved better etc etc and I really didn't believe it until recently. Your ex is shoving the relationship in your face like a jealous little kid. Your ex is acting like a child not a man, and do you want that back?

• She's fatter, older by 7 years than both if us, and the complete opposite from me. We had similarities but personality wise we are opposites. Yeah it :/ I'm not really the jealous type but this woman used to initiate this deep sense of fear and jealousy and e knew that :/ as for them doing something everyday, I'm not sure. When we were together it was us relax ing st home watching YouTube videos, playing video games, watching movies/series, and stay home. THEY seem to go out all the time. People tell me the same thing and sometimes I believe them but after I saw him in person... I didn't see a happy guy... his expression looked the opposite of what he was saying... I was dating again and that meeting made me second guess myself.

• Will do :) thank you so much for the advise! I am definitely going to start focusing on myself a little more. THank you so much!

• You're welcome hun :) Thanks for MH, trust me I completely understand how you feel. If you ever want to talk, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Remember, you've proved you're stronger than him already - he is scared to be alone and will never properly grieve a relationship. You grieving means your next one will be much more rewarding and satisfying :) Now - go get the Disney on and put cha feet up with the girls!! :)