What does "seeing someone" mean?

I'm a bit confused, since I'm new to dating. I've been dating this guy for a little over 2 months now that I met on OKC back in February. We have been moving pretty slowly overall, but recently he has told me that I'm special to him, that he really likes me, and that he still can't believe I'm real (he's waiting to wake up and realize it was a dream, type deal). He texts me everyday, and told me that I'm one of the few people he talks to since he doesn't have many friends. It's taking a while, but we're both finally starting to get comfortable with one another. Initially all of our dates were in public, but both of us are very introverted so at this point we usually just hang out at my house and watch movies/spend the day together. If we do go do something, it's usually something that he knows that I enjoy. He has told me that he's afraid that I'll get sick of him or that he'll do something wrong and scare me off.

Anyway, he's leaving to go to school for about 3 months, and he asked me if we were going to keep seeing each other when he got back. He's pretty cuddly/affectionate with me (took about a month to get to that point) and he wants to keep in touch in the meantime. Also, he has used "our relationship" to describe us before...

1323

Most Helpful Girls

• For me, seeing someone means dating exclusively. So when I tell another guy I am seeing someone, that means I won't be dating other guys but the one I am seeing. Although, we are not yet officially in a relationship, but we have committed to each other to at least date exclusively. Hope that helps.

• Why are you asking us when you describe yourselves as seeing one another? I don't really understand what you're asking us or what we can answer for you

• The question asked "what does "seeing someone" mean?" So, what does it mean? He described it that way. Obviously I'm "seeing him" if I'm seeing him. I just don't know what it entails. Is it just another word for dating someone?

• Isn't dating the "getting to know someone" phase? I'm just confused because some people say it means relationship, and others exactly what you just said. I've just never used the term before.

• *shrugs* That's why I say you should talk to him about it so you can hash out all the expectations that you both have.

Most Helpful Guys

• "Seeing someone" is hanging out with them, can be hooking up, basically spending their time and effort into that person. But it isn't officially dating or relationship status yet.

• Are they heading towards exclusive? Or heading towards the friends with benefits direction?

• That's between them, if those two are just seeing eachother for fun and they are keeping it under the radar, then it is most likely FWB. But if they are publicly showing eachother together in things, then it is leaning towards a relationship

• Seeing someone to me means that we are not official yet, but it is possible