Is it weird that I don't feel bad after my boyfriend broke up with me?

Brief history- I've been with who now is my ex boyfriend for 4 years. He was my everything & I thought he was the one. We got into a really bad argument over the weekend & told me he was not looking forward to moving in with me, I don't surprise him, no ambition, I make an effort anymore, & he's unsure of what the future holds for us. This devastated me & I felt like I was the biggest piece of shit of a girlfriend. I did everything I possibly could do to make him happy- I was supportive, care of him when he needed me, I was helpful, I was ALWAYS there for him, I cooked, cleaned, rarely went out with my friends. There was a point when his work hours were cut and I told him I'd help him with his bills. I couldn't understand what he meant by everything he said to me. I have a stable, descent job, I'm independent, I put him before me, I have a big heart, & have been completely selfless in the relationship.I put him on a pedestal and treated him like a king I thought I had. He's been having family problems and turned to drinking to deal. He blamed me & told me I didn't love him enough to take away the drink from his hand. This crushed me & I started to believe I am scum & not worthy of having him. He broke up with me yesterday. I was upset but as the seconds, minutes, hours went on, I began to think & realized that I think I checked out on our relationship a while back, I just didn't want to accept it. He was the first person I pictured my life with & I didn't want that to end. I was slowly getting tired of him being unsure with me. This isn't the first time he's broken up with me with the same reason- he can't be a boyfriend to me now because of what he's dealing with. I want security in the relationship & I was looking for it in someone who has shown me he cannot provide it b/c he does not know what he wants. He said he's sorry but I don't understand-how many times can a person be sorry & continues to end the relationship with someone they claimed was the one for them?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't need to read it all. Since you don't feel bad/hurt then it means you didn'tr really love them

• Don't get me wrong, I was upset and hurt...but not as much as I thought I would. I've been through this so many times with him that I think I'm numb to it.