Is it true that the dumper is usually just as sad as the dumpee?

I heard a saying that the dumper is usually just as sad as the dumpee. How accurate is that saying? What was your personal experiences in this situation?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually? I wouldn't know, but I doubt it. It's always easier to be the one who rejects, compared to the one who's getting rejected. But every situation is different. If it kind of happens out of the blue because the dumper has lost their feelings for the dumpee, they tend to not be as sad as the dumpee who still has feelings. I mean yeah, they might be sad over the fact that they're hurting the person they once loved, but ultimately it'll be a lot tougher for the dumpee to move on and be happy again. In an abusive/bad relationship, the dumper might actually feel incredibly relieved.
    So in my opinion, it's not really that accurate. I think that in most cases, the dumpee ends up being more sad than the dumper.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every situation is different, so how can one pointless line cover every situation when none are exactly alike? What if my ex-girlfriend was an absolute bitch and I was happy to get rid of her? What if I wasn't getting laid, and being single now I can? What if I killed her for insurance money?