My husband told me his ex looks better than me & I hype myself up im just cute?

So my husband laughed in my face and told me his ex was fucking gorgeous & he should've stayed with her. He then told me to get over it. There is a girl who I dislike that he knows about and he told me even with her baby fat ( she had a child) she looks better than me. I then had an affaire with an old friend of mine. He always treated me nice and said how fine i was. We don't just have sex tho. Sometimes we just spend the night with each other.
My husband found out and punched me in the face. He told me he doesn't know why I hype myself up because I'm just cute. But if anyone looks at me or compliments me he gets super upset. Although he looks & talks about other women all the time. He constantly builds up other women ( celebrities & regular) but puts me down. I had this coworker say one of the girls there was the prettiest. I told him and he said yeah she is. I got mad and he told me stop being insecure. I had to basically beg for an apology. I didn't really accept it because if he meant it he would have never said that to me. I now am trying to save up money to get my face done. The one man whose supposed to love me for me basically told me I'm not pretty enough for him and i cry all the time. I really feel horrible about myself. I don't think ill ever truly let a man into my heart again. I even thought about being a lesbian since most men are the same. I gave him what he wanted to be with all those gorgeous women. My main question is why is he so mad im with someone else?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats verbal and physical abuse. He puts you down every chance he gets, he's possessively jealous [ in a bad way] and he's an asshole. You have your own reasons for staying with him, but my advice is to get the f*** away from him. He's an asshole and I am sorry that you are in this predicament.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'm currently trying to leave. He didn't take that news well. That's another story. Thank you for the advice.

• Well you can do it! don't give up, stay with some relatives, just distance yourself from him if you get any chances. Also f*** him, he can take him opinions and shove it up his a**. Be strong and don't let him bring you down, surround yourself with positive people, find your happy place and try not to let his negativity affect you. Also change the locks in your apartment and don't give him the key. If you have a close friend and trust them enough confide in them also tell the police and get a restraining order against him if he is to persistent.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• " I then had an affaire with an old friend of mine. " did you cheat after he was being a dick?

It's sounds like unfortunately you stayed with a douchebag and somehow got tricked into marriage with one. I have no sympathy for cheaters at all but if he's saying this kind of shit to start with and punching you I would leave.. He's not the person you want to spend your life, or any amount of time with.

My main question is why is he so mad im with someone else?
    You srs? You're married.

0|1
    1|0
    • He was talking to other females before that. What's with this double standard?

• Show All
    • I don't recall seeing "he fucked a bitch" in the question so how would I know that and "You know how men lie stop it. " how would I be defending him without even knowing? Nothing to stop..

Well if he's fucking random bitches, punching you, calling you ugly, why are you still with him? You could date a homeless man and be happier.

• I can't type everything about my marriage in this little box. I chopped it up as much as I could. Thanks anyway.

• Get away from that douchbag, now. No one has the right to treat you, or anyone else, like that. I swear to you that's not a real man, that a punk little boy who sounds like he's way overdue for a reality check.
    He's abusing you, both physically & emotionally. Drop his ass before he does worse. And don't let creeps like that rep men, as a man would never make you feel that way.
    Leave him, before it gets worse.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Only Thing You Need To Do Is Leave This Man, Leave Him & Leave Him, Leave Him, & Leave Him. You Deserve Better, Stop Settling For This Guy & All Guys Aren't Like That So Dont Put Us All In One Bunch, But Seriously, Walk Away From This Relationship...

0|0
    0|0
  • He is a controlling, over-bearing pshyco. He has no respect for you but still wants to feel like a badass when he dominates your life. You really need to get away from this guy or things will get worse. Also make a few guy friends that at least look tough. If he is tough enough to hit a woman, chances are he will avoid a real fight at all costs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I Implore you. Call 911.
    or https://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ (they do more then just prevent suicide)

0|1
    0|0
  • michiganjournal. org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_lu419rDeQl1r0w390. jpg

Srsly.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• He is an abuser. You need to tell all your friends and family about what he does and let the police know that he hit you. You need to get out now and get a protective order.
    Most men aren't like that and you'll find someone great once you get out of this abusive relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is this for real? If so, it seems like you've got a lot of problem going on. You're cheating, he's abusing you emotionally and physically, you wanna get your face done cause someone told "You ugly".

I suggest you seek immediate help.

1|0
    0|0
  • did u ask him why he marry u then since he isn't attracted to u?
    people are strange, i would choose to break off with him.
    he is violent, rude, disrespectful, unkind etc

0|0
    0|0
    • He wasn't always like that. I've been with him since I was 15 & I'm 26 now. He was the only man i have been with.

• i think because u married too young therefore u think he is the only one... and thus put up with it. there is a bigger world out there. he must never do that to u , it shouldn't be done at all.

• He is trying to get you to feel powerless and to stay with him. Get away from him!

2|0
    0|0
  • quit saving up for plastic surgery and divorce his ass.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's a loser, GLAD you are with someone else. He got what he deserved.

0|0
    0|0
  • get away from him as soon as you can! this is bad news!

1|0
    0|0
  • That's how some guys are... they don't like it when you're with someone else but yet its okay for him to look at other women. It makes him feel threatened. You deserve so much better, drop him like a bad habit!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes