Why do guys let good girls go?

My ex was crazy about me and then stress got the best of him and so we broke up even though I really wanted help him go through it but he pushed me away instead. It's like he's mad that I'm there for him and I'm trying to make it work. We broke up and now we're not talking to each other. He knows how loyal I am and that's why he wants to me gone? I don't get it. will he come back or did I lose the great guy I used to know for good?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't work the same way as girls - some guys prefer to tackle their problems alone and will react badly to people trying to help them through it because they feel like these people don't think they can do it, to them getting help emasculates them. It's all a matter of emotional maturity and pride. I don't know him, but what I do know is that only time will tell if he'll come back - give him time to tackle the problems by himself and see what happens after. Regardless of what happens, don't feel like you're at fault. You did what a good girlfriend does, you tried your best to help him go through a tough period. Hopefully he'll appreciate it. If not, then maybe he wasn't the best guy for you after all.