My Ex's new girlfriend looks just like me?

Well it's not like we are twins, but she resembles me a lot! I thought I was just being dumb at first but I have shown friends pictures of her and they agree that we do look very much alike.

We also have a lot in common, e. x. we were both in dance, we are both studying the same major, she even has a similar job as me (which isn't a common job), we even like the same football team (which isn't one anywhere where we live)!

My questions is: Guys, is it common when you stop dating someone you really care for that you date someone that is similar to them (whether it be on purpose or not)?

It just seems like he settled for a second rate version of me because it happened so soon after we broke up and they weren't on his own terms.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, loveya, it Can happen for it happened to Me-------After we broke up and She was his every dream girl.
    I was seeing a guy for while, however, during that time, I was engaged to another. The fiance at the time was doing some drugs and Bill was there with a shoulder to lean on, someone I suddenly Found was everything I ever wanted in a guy.
    However, we ended splitting up, "On his own terms," for he realized I may not leave the other and it might end up more complicated than he he wanted. One day, I was shopping and noticed a girl in the car who looked just like me. I had to do a double take for it was then that I Realized-----He found a girl who looked just like me.
    I went upstairs to talk to him one day and heard this voice that sounded like mine. It then really hit me that they were very serious and whatever we had shared was gone and a newbie in his place was the girl Now that he would be taking him to mom... a girl he fell in love with who Her, my replacement, someone he could relate to better. They got married that year and to this day, are still happily on their honeymoon.
    I don't believe truthfully that your "EX" had "Settled for a second version of me," but was finding someone who was just like you, only Someone he had More chemistry with and could get along better with. I call her "Second best" and Him I call-----Having his cake and eating it too.
    Good luck. xx

• Your situation definitely sounds similar to mine and I appreciate you sharing your story. I also appreciate your point of view and can see this situation in a new light. It is a very odd situation to be in.

• Thank you for sharing that and that's exactly how I felt! My heart hurt initially because he could have had me just like you said! It's still very fresh but that is an interesting and very significant way to view it, I hope that I will too eventually feel that way but right now my mind (though I know and understand this info) can't tell my heart to stop feeling this way. I know with time it will get there :) Thank you again for this, this comment was very helpful and supportive

• You are so welcome... Believe it or not, I know how your broken heart feels, i took me over a year or so to move on from crying and pain... xx