I regret rejecting my ex. What should I do?

When I was only 16, my ex boyfriend asked if he wanted a serious relationship with me. I rejected him several times. I told him that it's better that our relationship isn't serious. It only lasted about a year and now that I'm 18, I regret rejecting him. He was my first boyfriend and I kinda miss him and if he asked me to be his boyfriend now, I would say yes because I wasn't the same person as I was 3 years ago. I wasn't ready to have a serious relationship at 16 and our relationship was on and off. I changed a lot. I am ready for a relationship now that I'm older and the problem is, he doesn't want me back. He completely moved on from me and gave up. What should I do?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Time to move on for you too. People only try for so long before they give up. He wasn't good enough for you then, so for his own self worth, he'll look for someone that thinks he is good enough (as he should). Plus, you were only 16 . . . what exactly do you think is a serious relationship? I promise you at 16 it isn't, unless y'all have a kid together or something. Serious comes later, when you're ready to get married, live together, start a family, etc. You're so young, don't worry about it. 5 years down the line you'll have a hard time remembering why you even liked him so much.