How to reach out to an ex who has blocked you?

Me an my ex split at he start of the year, saying we wanted to remain friends as we had a great time together. We agreed to give space for a couple of months which we did and after that time I got in touch and he was a bit off with me. We had a bit of a spat due to the no contact thing, and I hurt him as I wrongly assumed he didn't want to go on something I had pre booked for us both.

I apologised for the mistake and tried to fix it but he still seems to not want to talk to me. I have as far as I can tell been blocked on whatsapp and yesterday I tried to follow him on Instagram and got blocked.

I do miss his friendship so this isn't about getting back with him, any ideas how to get in touch? We are still Facebook friends or leave him be?

• Get in touch
    Vote A
  • Leave him be
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone is trying to avoid contact, the more you push it onto him, the more he is going to get pissed off and annoyed and associate negative emotions with you. Which sounds like the exact opposite of what you are hoping to accomplish. Chances are the relationship is never going to be rekindled, but if you want any hope of even salvaging a friendship, or at least a positive association, you are going to have to chill out for a bit. Him blocking you is an extreme measure. If you try to get around that you are essentially saying you don't care about his feelings or what he is trying to do, and that your feelings are more important than his. That is not a way to get him to think highly of you. It is a way for him to think you are pushy and clingy. Even if you're not.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you just want to be his friend, let him cool off, then talk to him and apologize, especially if you guys were always good together. If he still acts distant later, leave him be. Maybe something is new in his life and you did mention you guys haven't been in touch for a while

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I am sort of in the same predicament well only because I got blocked om everything I tried to speak to him on and I can see just reading someone elses problem that it really is true to leave him right now, the dust needs to setlle. I would wait until something you see is unblocked and then wait a week. I might follow this advice myself lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let him be. It seems like he really doesn't want to be bothered by you

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't, he blocked you because for whatever reason he doesn't want to talk to you. Just leave him alone and move on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes