How long did it take you to get over your ex?

• A couple of weeks
  • A couple of months
  • A couple of years
    Vote C
  • I never got over my ex... every once in a while I get upset about everything that occurred but whatever.
    Vote D
  • I've never been in a relationship :) :( ;P
    Vote E
  • I never cared, I don't have feelings because I'm either a robot or psychopath
    Vote F

87

Most Helpful Girl

• What does "get over" mean though? I think if a really great relationship ends, it will take at least a few months to start 'moving on'. BUT 'getting over' someone is another story. Sometimes we move on with someone new, who can be great, but all of a sudden a song comes on the radio, or you find an old t-shirt, and ALL the old feelings for the ex come back, and we miss them.
    That's life though. You don't forget or 'get over' someone important, you just move on. And you'll miss them a lot at the start, but those pangs lessen in frequency over time.

In my experience, you don't get over a deep special relationship ever, I can't imagine ever not caring what happens to my ex (but we've decided to stay friends too). A relationship that ended because it just wasn't a good one, maybe 2 months til they're out of my system.

Most Helpful Guy

• Took years to get over my high school girlfriend. Slightly less time to get over the next girl. And 6 months to get over my college girlfriend.

What Girls Said 7

• The 1st guy I dated briefly, it took me a long while to get over him (almost 1/2 a year) because I was going through some very hard times w/my self esteem. I never loved the guy and now I laugh at myself when I think of him. My recent ex is completely different and I know that will be a very hard one to let go. He was my 1st true love (at least I loved him) and he broke my heart. Its been a couple months and my heart aches thinking about him, w/the other ex I just missed him, I don't remember having such heartache for him. There is no formula, but if you loved a person and they hurt you , it will take awhile.

• My last ex who was also my first love left me in August. I'm still not over him and have a feeling it will take me years to get over him. If ever :(

• A couple of months.

• Depends on which ex we're talking about here.
    It took me a little over a year to get over the he very first guy (who was also my first love). The subsequent ones just took about a couple months or weeks to just get over them.

• My last relationship it took be about a week because I was done months before just didn't have the courage to end it. But usually 3 weeks to 2 months after the breakup.

• It took me 6 months to get over my ex and now I'm happy that it ended

• Probably never. We have a daughter together and I do still love him even after 4 years. I guess having our daughter gives me that bond with him

What Guys Said 6

• To long to many years

• I'm goin through this now. She's my first love and we have a12 yr old boy, she slept with my mate. It's almost a year for me and I still have random moments of heart break.

• Don't have an ex. Don't have a girlfriend.

• It's been almost a year.
    I think I am over it.

• Around 6 weeks it wasn't worth it to spend more time

• I've never been in a relationship :(

• If that is your actual age than you need to get on dat man, life's too short... watch the 40 Year Old Virgin.

• I know, but I'm too shy... I'm 36 years old virgin... no one wants to help me.