Ex-boyfriend pretended not to see me, he hates me that much?

I ran into my ex boyfriend (we dated for about 8 months) and he pretended not to see me even though I was right in front of him. I initiated the breakup but the breakup was mutual. This is the second time I run into him, and it has been one year since we broke up. Does he hate me? Doesn’t want anything to do with me? Is that why he won't even acknowledge my presence? :(

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably moved on and turned that page so even if he did see you, speaking to you would mean reopening this chapter of his life he feels is over. I broke up once with a 1 year girlfriend (mostly mutual) and then I didn't see her for about 6 months and since then I pretend I don't see her if we run into each other and we don't communicate, it's better that way, when is over, is OVER.

What Guys Said 1

• The guy is stupid and does not get that you have feeling that he needs to think about as well. Let me finish by saying I hate people who do this kind of thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Your ex-boyfriend of a year isn't acknowledging you? Maybe it's been so long that he didn't even recognize you. I'm just surprised you're so hurt by this if it's been a whole 12 months since you've seen each other.

• I'd like to think that's the case, but it isn't.

but yeah, I should get over it already.