Is there any chance for me to get him back after acting crazy about the breakup?

Hey my partner and I were together almost a year, however our relationship grew in strength very quickly therefore it was more like we'd been together for years. We were living together and very happy apart from the usual small arguments... He told me he had never been a very romantic person but all through our relationship he tried so hard to do cute little things all the time... He told me I was his soul mate and that he wanted me forever... We made so many plans and had our lives all figured out... And then one day in the middle of an argument he told me he had cheated on me and therefore wouldn't care if I left... I was devastated and left, but he didn't want me back and didn't want me to give him a chance... I later found out that he hadn't cheated at all and just thought saying he did would make me leave without a fight... It's almost been a month since the breakup now... I have been acting crazy, calling him, begging for him to give us a chance and telling him how I feel about him... Have I ruined any chance of getting back together seeing as the breakup was so sudden and unexpected? If I had have just ignored him would I be back in his arms right now?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to tell really and you can't beat your self up over it... me and my Girlfriend broke up two weeks ago. And I went kinda crazy for a couple weeks. And now I'm regretting ever texting her/calling her because she got 10x more pissed off went from wanting to be friends to telling me to never talk to her again.

I personally think that maybe there is a chance for you but you really do have to leave him alone. If he is still hurting, every time you text him it's just going to renew those same feelings of hurt. It's time for damage control, just seriously leave him alone for a while and give him space. And you have to try to move on.

A good idea is to set a goal of at least 6 weeks, and more if you can handle it. And after 6-12 weeks just send him a text that's really casual. DO NOT ask for him back. Maybe something along the lines of you were doing something and it reminded you of him, something that you know what make him think of a good memory you guys had together.

If he doesn't respond wait another few weeks and try again, don't text him though if he doesn't text back... This is the best advice I have for you. But seriously try to move on so you don't get hurt again if he doesn't come back.