Do rebound relationships Last?

How long do you think typical rebound relationships last? Did you or or ex have a rebound relationship? I also wonder if anyone got back together with an ex after leaving a rebound relationship and were you able to make it work?

do you think rebounds are just an excuse with not having to deal with the actual break up? My ex and I broke up just a couple months ago and he started seeing someone almost right away. But then we had spent an amazing weekend together during the Easter weekend, we told me he thought if we could work together we could make it work and that he could see us eventually get marriend. He then told me he was going to start text me and call m during breaks to keep in touch with me and see how are girl
were doing... that only lasted a couple days when he pulled back again. I then asked him a couple days ago he was still seeing that girl his reply " kinda. she doesn't make much time for me" I feel this girl is just a distraction. We have to spend the day together Friday and again Wednesday to due a couple of appoitments. I really want to make it work for us but I just don't know what to do/

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never known anyone who was in a rebound relationship that lasted.

This is because when you're rebounding, you're looking for someone, pretty much anyone, to fill the hole that's left by your ex. You're willing to overlook a LOT of things that normally would set you off. Eventually, you figure this all out, and you end it.

Sometimes, however, you do find someone on a rebound who's the kind of person you would have dated anyway, and then things might work out, but that's pretty damn rare.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • have you known anyone who then returned to their ex and made it last?

• My best friend and his ex have broken up several times and got back together, then they got married. They still fight all the time and are constantly contemplating divorce, I think they're just so used to each other at this point that they're both scared to leave. My sister left her boyfriend and got back together with him, got married, and then later divorced.

In my experience, the problems that caused the break in the first place will continue to cause problems in the future.

• I know what went wrong between my ex and I. I know what needs to be done to fix things. I just wish I could get him to see it. I really do love him and would do anything for hm. I wish this girl would back down and this doesn't last... I don't think it will but I don't know when I should just give up trying. I know I probably sound desperate.