Do rebound relationships Last?

How long do you think typical rebound relationships last? Did you or or ex have a rebound relationship? I also wonder if anyone got back together with an ex after leaving a rebound relationship and were you able to make it work?

Updates:
do you think rebounds are just an excuse with not having to deal with the actual break up? My ex and I broke up just a couple months ago and he started seeing someone almost right away. But then we had spent an amazing weekend together during the Easter weekend, we told me he thought if we could work together we could make it work and that he could see us eventually get marriend. He then told me he was going to start text me and call m during breaks to keep in touch with me and see how are girl
were doing... that only lasted a couple days when he pulled back again. I then asked him a couple days ago he was still seeing that girl his reply " kinda. she doesn't make much time for me" I feel this girl is just a distraction. We have to spend the day together Friday and again Wednesday to due a couple of appoitments. I really want to make it work for us but I just don't know what to do/

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never known anyone who was in a rebound relationship that lasted.

This is because when you're rebounding, you're looking for someone, pretty much anyone, to fill the hole that's left by your ex. You're willing to overlook a LOT of things that normally would set you off. Eventually, you figure this all out, and you end it.

Sometimes, however, you do find someone on a rebound who's the kind of person you would have dated anyway, and then things might work out, but that's pretty damn rare.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • have you known anyone who then returned to their ex and made it last?

• My best friend and his ex have broken up several times and got back together, then they got married. They still fight all the time and are constantly contemplating divorce, I think they're just so used to each other at this point that they're both scared to leave. My sister left her boyfriend and got back together with him, got married, and then later divorced.

In my experience, the problems that caused the break in the first place will continue to cause problems in the future.

• I know what went wrong between my ex and I. I know what needs to be done to fix things. I just wish I could get him to see it. I really do love him and would do anything for hm. I wish this girl would back down and this doesn't last... I don't think it will but I don't know when I should just give up trying. I know I probably sound desperate.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I'd just let him go... My ex rebounded me. Usually the reboundee can tell when they are being rebounded so they don't put their all in. But yes rebounds are usually to lessen the blow of a break up, but when those fail you get hit twice as hard.

It feels f***ing terrible to get rebounded though because in the end you never really had a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im not the one in the rebound relationship my ex is..

• yeah I know. I'm just saying I'd let him go, you don't want to mess around with an ex especially if he's in a rebound relationship. His feelings are going to be all over the place.

• I have to spend the day with him I am so nervous because I really love him...

• The general answer is 'not long.' But there are excetions, usually when the people were good friends before the rebound phase.

I had that experience once, years ago, after my friend's' boyfriend was killed in an accident. We then had a long lstiong relatiopnship, clearly a shoulder for her to lean on from her point of view.

.but we are still friendly and warm with each other today, altough both of us are married--to other people!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe I have ever had a rebound relationship. I handle situations differently I guess. But the length would have to depend on how long the person takes to get over their ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely. I've never had a rebound because I'm not fond of the idea of trying something that is doomed.

0|0
    0|0
  • no sry but no

0|0
    0|0
    • did you even read anything past the title?

• i just read the q not the updates, speaking from personal experience, rebounds just use you to make themselves feel better about a breakup. sad but true, rebounds DONT WORK

• well it is my ex who jumped into a rebound relationship... I think it is the honeymoon stage everyone likes and wants. How long do you think they last on average?

What Girls Said 4

• most of the times no...I have guys rebound me in relationships and longest they have lasted is like 6 months and they were very rocky and ended in shambles.

0|0
    0|0
  • No , because its called the rebound for a reason. You're the girl he goes to that he knows your're gonna say yes. so he leans on you until he finds someone else. if a guy asks you out and he just broke up with his girlfriend , politely say no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was like a rebound relationship for almost 2 years. We had to end it due to the distance and he's gone back to his ex shortly after the break up! OUCH!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I suppose technically I was a rebound because he wasn't truly over her yet. It was a bad one too because she broke his heart yet he chased her for almost a whole year while she went back and forth btwn him and the other guy (who got her pregnant) and now they are broken up and the little bitch is a single mom so HA! Anyhoo, that all changed when we met. He proposed at 8 months and we've been together for 2 years now. So, rebounds can have happy endings. He told me the other day I'm the love of his life :) What is even LESS likely than a rebound relationship, for success, is to try try again with the ex. Everything feels like puppies rainbows and skittles when you first get back, and then the old problems start rearing their ugly heads and they still aren't solved and guess what? You break up again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes