Can you be manipulated into cheating?

Is it really possible for a person to be manipulated and mind controlled into having an affair?

How can I tell if it's the truth or just an excuse?

I don't want to doubt the counsellers words or my husbands words to me about his affair but something tells me it's an excuse not to loose me.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• How did he say he was manipulated? Manipulation is one thing, but unless it's blackmail, I just can't see it being something that excuses infidelity (and then you have to explain what you're being blackmailed for anyway). Furthermore, if your counselor isn't also the counselor of this other woman, I'd take his assessment of her manipulative prowess with a grain of salt.

I feel like an average guy should be aware enough to tell when there's temptation to cheat, and then it's his decision whether he will or will walk (or run) away.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE