I didn't mean to break her heart.

So, I'd been dating this girl since 11th September. We were OK, but there was always something that couldn't make us completely a good couple. We knew it and both of us really tried hard to make this relationship work it just didn't go well. We had no common opinion, no common hobbies.. Just nothing common.

About a week ago, I told her that this relationship was not really going well so maybe breaking up would be better for two of us in a nice way and she said that she definitely agreed with me.

But what I figured out from her best friend is, the night we broke up, she went her home and cried until the morning.

When I learned that I was like shocked 'cause I really thought she felt good about the breaking up and I never meant to break her heart. I feel terrible. I can't stop thinking about how heartless I was to her.

I tried to call her but she declined me and I also sent a text to her and say that I didn't mean to break her heart but again, she didn't answer me.

Do you think it is my blame? I really need to learn what you think 'cause I don't really like being the heartless man.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wish all other guys just be like you.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• You really sound like a great guy, and what you did was definitely not heartless. From what I see, you really did try to make it as painless as possible, so it could be that she had stronger feelings for you than she let on, but that not your fault. There was no way you could have know what was going on inside her head, especially since she agreed that it would be for the best if you broke up. She probably just needs some time to grieve and cry, so right now she might me mad at you or something, but eventually she will see that it was for the best. You can try to talk to her some more and explain why you think that relationship was not such a good idea, but don't let her make you feel bad and heartless.

2|1
    0|0
  • aw <3 god bless your heart.

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Why are young people so dumb?

Everyone is overreacting here, ESP. you!

Here's how the story normally goes for most of these hilarious scenes: "We dated for a month. maybe less, and we realized we just ... just weren't there. So one of us, usually me, said goodbye and the other one got sad and felt rejected. They went home and felt bad so I, being the idiot in shining armor, think that I've left a permanent blackmark on their lives and "broke their heart" into a million pieces over the past 30 completely awkward, uneventful days with someone I shared nothing in common with. It couldn't be just the fact that they felt rejected, and that had no attachment to me as a person, and I'm not some self-important pompous a**hole who thinks that he, being gone from her, is the cause of all of her woes. I mean those were the best 30 days of her life ... You know?"

Come on Romeo, wake the f*** up; it is upsetting in general to break up with other people. So she went home upset she lost a boyfriend. Not you. You're just "A boyfriend"; whatever your name is it won't stick once you're a permanently gone element. 3 years after you two don't see each other you'll be the ghost dream unless some major event occurred between you two in those 30 days.

1|0
    2|1
  • No, you handled it about the best you can...you can't help how other people take things.

In the future, maybe try to communicate early on rather than waiting until it comes to a breakup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like she agreed with you to hide her feelings or she just didn't want to generally be alone.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes