Is a girl talking about astrology a turn off?

I went on a date with this guy, he seemed so interested in me. Our conversation was going great, he's a professor of Philosophy. He was really interested in my life and said I was really smart and stuff. Sunddenly I brought up astrology, he started saying how stupid that was, blah, and he changed his attitude towards me completely. Our date ended soon after that and never heard from him again. WTF?

836

Most Helpful Guy

• Your life is pre-ordained by the position of the planets and stars; therefore, you have no free will. Since you have no free will, it was inevitable that this would happen. Therefore, you shouldn't worry about it. It was simply not meant to be. You just need to wait for whoever the stars and planets have selected for you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes, astrology is a bunch of crap that no intelligent person should ever believe. And, if he was a total turn-off for you, then you would not have asked this question.

• I agree with everything you said n your last post. An intelligent person should be tolerant of opposing beliefs and open to dialogue instead of quick to anger. Those guys can be quite the stuffed shirts (though I also hear that about my profession - attorney - and it does not apply to all of us, for sure!)

• Yeah, I agree with what you said as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a little superficial that he would not talk to you again over something like that. Astrology isn't like talking about worshipping Greek gods that don't exist. It's all based on the time of the year that you were born, so it has science to it as well as spirituality. It sounds like he is arrogant.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes, I found him arrogant too