Guys, would you date a girl with Aspergers?

Why and why not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how bad it is. My younger brother is autistic and it was a huge strain on me and my family growing up. I have a huge emotional connection to that subject. Because of that I just never want to deal with that again. I'm still a little afraid that one of my future children might be autistic. I don't want that for them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• Yes because they are are the same spectrum as introverts, Asperger's is not a deal breaker, it's a improper wiring of the brain and the synapses sometimes it leads to social awkwardness or talking too much or out of turn or crossing personal boundaries yet that can be conditioned out of her. I know quite a few Aspies I like them they're usually very sweet.

• Never had much experience with people with aspergers but as long as she's attractive, fun to be around, trustworthy, and hasn't slept around then I dont think Id lose interest just because of her having aslergers.

• I don't even know what that means and neither does the medical community. I just wish people attributed this label a bit less willingly to their identity.

• Thank you! ^^^

I know what it means because my school was trying to label me as one, even though I didn't fit it.
      Now yeah, some people need the help and intervention at a young age, so they get labels.
      But honestly, I think the labels do more harm than good.

• @ScorpioMoonChick They would have probably told me the same thing, in reality I just had low self-esteem and didn't have enough friends (that I trusted) to develop some basic social skills that I've learned by now.

• I couldn't say I don't really have any experience with them I know it can get bad sometimes so that would probably make or break my decision.

• Probably, provided that it was not severe.
    I am a case of high-functioning Asperger's syndrome myself. This makes me socially awkward and withdrawn, as well as having close to zero emotional intelligence.
    My three children refer to me as Sheldon.

• Aspies swing from amazing to terrible, i've done it once and i don't think i would again.

• Yep, I have it

• no... sorry, i don't wanna date an autistic chick

• Low end, sure. High end, nope.

• Yes, probably. It's not necessarily a huge deal.

• If it's not severe, then yes probably.

• If she was cute and see exy and fun, why not?

• Said the man with the lowest standards in the world.

• @alfonsosloan45
      Ia that me? Wow! Really I find people with aspergers more genuine and interesting, usually a lot more honest.

• sure i would date her.

• Never

• Sure, I get along well with people who have autism.

• Long as she puts out.

• Sure, because I have a minor form of Aspergers

• i love asparagus.

• HELL TO THE NO!!!

• Yes because it sounds like Ass Burgers and I like things that make me smile.

• Depends on the person, not their disorder

• I could , since it's something I can relate to.

• wtf is that

• No. I am already shy and have mild social anxiety. I do not need the complications of her literal autism, to make everything more difficult.

Also, some 80% of people with "aspergers" are self diagnosed. If you haven't seen and been diagnosed by a licensed doctor, I call special snowflake bullshit.

• Possibly. I know two people with aspergers. One of them... well i could tell she was a little different before i knew she had it. The other however, i had no idea. He seemed no different to me, so i was honestly really surprised when i found out.

So i guess it depends. If she seems pretty normal, and i like her personality despite having aspergers, then sure - why not? But if she seems really emotionally unstable, then I'd be hesitant.

What Girls Said 0