Guys, would you date an older woman?

This new guy just started at work and I think we have a really good connection. He's 23 and I'm 27. (My work doesn't have a policy against coworkers dating).

Usually, I wouldn't actively "look for" a guy that much younger than me (my Tinder profile searches for guys between 26-30), but we met last week and talked for hours after a work function.

I know it's up to each individual about who they feel comfortable dating - but would an age-gap like this be off-putting to you?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only 4 years, it really isn't much. I'm sure a lot of guys have a fantasy about being with an older woman, but as for a relationship, I don't know... It depends on the guy. As for me, if I'm attracted to her, age is one of the last things I care about. It's usually the older women who care more about it than the guy does, I once was with a girl who was 6 years older than me and she was clearly into it but she kept saying that she was too old for me, I just played with it and told her she was too young for me... Needless to say, we had no problems being together after we brushed that aside.

What Guys Said 24

• Actually, I'd prefer a slightly (2-3 years) older then. Maybe I have been unlucky but women slightly younger than me tend to be somewhat childish. And since you're my age...
    68.media.tumblr.com/.../...co6Kcd1slejfuo1_500.gif

• It would be off putting to me but different strokes to different guys. At most I'd tolerate about two years older.

• Sure i would even if she's a lot older as the pressure for kids and things like that will be off.
    The issue is if she's older and wants kids then thats bad long term as im going to get her wanting kids before i feel ready which is typically latter for men.

• The problem is that, at your age, many women have baby fever. I know, or know of, so many women around your age who have 'accidentally' got pregnant. I generally avoid women in their late twenties or early thirties.

• couples out there got decades of gap age wise...
    you have 4 years gap only

it's all fine, just chill and savor

• *addition* be honest and true to yourself as well, and don't hesitate to evoke all of that to him

to tell the way you feel, unsure about the age gap

that's how you build TOGETHER a relationship...

• i went out with a girl that was 28 when i was 23 and we had a great relationship. age is just a number

• No, I'm married to a women who is 6 months older than me. I think it's often more of a thing for women to feel uncomfortable being the older one than the man. So if you don't have a problem with it I'm betting he won't either.

• It's just 4 years. More important is if you are in the same part of life. If you want the same things in next few years.

Some 20 year olds are more serious than some 40 years olds.

• Yeah, I would love that to happen with me someday.

• Lol no. I'm 33 and I won't date as old as 27.

• No gross

• Yes. I actually prefer older women.

• Almost exclusively.

• Why not? If i love her then It is ok.

• Age means nothing after you both are adults. And you both are very close anyway. 4 years is rather meaningless. I know many couples where either the man or woman is older by 10 to 15 years and they are still going strong

• Absolutely

• Not one bit, be off-putting.

• Older woman and you are 27 😒

• It's okay as long as you love him that shouldn't be something that matters

• Yes of course my

• why not?

• I had a relationship with a women about 13 years older than me. I really enjoyed being her younger lover and I think she really enjoyed bedding a younger man so it worked well for us both.

• i would
    please lets date:)

• Fresh is always best. If nobody else wants the leftover scraps at the salad bar why would I?

• Kinda harsh, but I recognise your right to speak freely and honestly. The fact that this is an anonymous reply says it all, though!