My boyfriend acts creepy and clingy?

I was dating this guy for 3 weeks and then we became boyfriend and girlfriend.

I feel he's a bit creepy and clingy.

Last week we were texting and I told him I had a cold. Then suddenly he shows up to my house with chicken soup he made and a bag of cough drops and medicine. He left right away because he had to go to work. On some level it's sweet and kind but kinda creepy to show up unannounced. Maybe he wanted to surprise me? I'm not sure.

Then yesterday day it was my birthday, and he told me to look outside the window of my back yard and when I did he was in my back yard and started playing guitar and singing to me. I also found it weird that he just went inside my back yard, He told me the reason he sneaked into my back yard was because didn't want to do it from the front yard because he didn't want to cause a scene and embarrass me so he figured sneaking into my back yard was ok and that I would have been fine with it.

Some people told me maybe it's a cultural thing because he is Latino and they do the whole singing to the girl from the window thing but I still found it creepy. I thanked him and appreciated it but I still felt weird about it.

Later yesterday he gave me this dress I always wanted. I found it weird that he just happened to know the dress I always wanted.

He told me that he sent a message to my best friend on Facebook and asked her for advice on what he should get me and she sent him a link to where he could buy the dress. I felt that was kinda creepy to just do that and stalkerish.

Like I feel he's all over my stuff and creepy. Maybe it's a cultural thing I don't know, I'm a white American. Should I break up with him.

714

Most Helpful Guy

• How is that creepy? He seems he is being attentive, and thoughtful. Yeah the guitar thing about singing to the window is a kind of latino culture thing, but it's not like americans don't do that either, they do but it's just that it went out of fashon so it's more of a old school traditional American thing.

And he asked your friend for advice on a present? how is that a bad thing? How?

He wanted to get the perfect gift for you and asked someone for help

I hope you break up with him, or that he breaks up with you, because I want him to be with a woman who appreciates him and loves him for how he is.

If you want a guy who isn't like that, there's nothing wrong with that, you have the choice of wanted whatever guy you want, but just because you have a personal preference it doesn't make his behavior "Creepy" or "clingy" and you are ignorant for throwing those words around like it's nothing. You need to check yourself.

• but how is it not creepy, don't we think clingy is bad? It seems clingy to me. And we have only been dating for 3 weeks and official for 1 week, it seems fast also. And he could have texted me telling me he was going to bring me soup and not just show up

Most Helpful Girl

• What is wrong with you? D: I almost feel like this is a troll.

A guy is genuinely thoughtful and incredibly sweet and you want to break up with him? It's not clingy or creepy.

He asked your friend for some ideas on what to get you for your birthday, because he didn't know what to get. That's not creepy at all. He did the thing in your garden as a nice surprise too for your birthday. Showing up with soup and medicine is extremely thoughtful and you had a cold.

Notice how they aren't just out of the blue? He had good reasons each time? It's not like he's just showing up wherever you go or actually stalking you. Honestly, I'd usually be telling you not to take this stuff for granted because I guarantee it will stop or at least slow down after a few months. It sounds like you're just not that into him. When my boyfriend does nice things like this I feel like returning the affection, not creeped out.

• Well Ladyslipper seems to mostly agree with me so at least she gets it

What Guys Said 13

• This is a troll right? Home boy went out of his way for you, props to him.

• Lmao. You just want to get fucked nice and hard boyo. Don't lie. Why you in a relationship with this fruit?

• Lol why is he a fruit? So being a good boyfriend makes you a fruit? But I half agree with you, if she doesn't want the romantic type, then why the fuck is she with him, there are many women who would like this guy. The guitar singing thing is probably a cultural thing, that's a common thing in latin america

• Okay, so guy shows up with sick food to look after you when you're sick... and then comes to your back yard to serenade you?

Yeah, totally dump that creep so a girl who will appreciate that treatment can enjoy him.

• Are you fucking serious? Guy does sweet stuff and goes out of his way to make you happy and feel better when you are sick and you think thats creepy? Yes you should break up with him so that he can find someone who will appreciate him.

• Dude ! do u love this guy? are u waiting for replys from this app to decide a breakup?
    That's a really fake feeling u have.
    if u love someone... that should be it. nothing else ?

• Sounds like he's trying really hard to be a good boyfriend

• I'm not sure if you mean that as a good or bad thing. I don't think he is doing anything wrong, actually I think he's acting as well as a boyfriend could act, and one of those time it was her birthday, a special occasion. As far as the singing thing, Maybe American women don't get the singing thing, so I will say that is mostly a cultural latin thing to do to go to the porch or window and sing to your girlfriend, although in america men used to do that also.

• This guy is funny xD

• He's just trying to be romantic to make you happy, he really really likes you. If you're not ok with him doning that just tell him instead of breaking up with him.

• Let him bang you in doggy style. Oh c'mon he is a nice guy, you don't even have to think about breaking up.

• Wow, I can't believe this. Talking to your best friend about what you want is stalkerish? How is he even your boyfriend? You obviously don't want a good boyfriend.

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless you come home and he's inside fucking your sofa. That's a red flag.

• The ungratefulness of people like you is the reason there are less guys like him around these days.

• Isn't it because most guys are just pigs who wanna sleep around?

• Yeah, and I'm saying people like you are the reason most men have resorted to sleeping around. I hope you're happy. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

• What ever happen to personal preference?

• He seems like a good guy.

Appreciate him or you'll lose him sooner rather than later

What Girls Said 6

• I don't find any of what he did to be creepy or clingy or stalkerish. In fact, it all sooo sweet and romantic and shows how much he loves you and that you're well taken care of and wants you to be happy.
    However, since you don't think that's the case and don't feel comfortable with any of it, yea, sure, go ahead and break up with him.

• Well Ladyslipper agrees with most of it, she finds the guitar thing weird and says he's clingy, so I can't be all wrong if someone agrees with me mostly

• He doesn't seem creepy to me but I would be bothered by someone showing up unannounced too but that's more of a disrespectful thing to not ask permission first.. as for the singing thing I'd find that weird, he does seem pretty clingy. He doesn't sound that bad honestly, he asked your friend for gift ideas nothing wrong with that in my opinion

• Well maybe he wanted to surprise her so it's extra special so he showed up announced. How is the guitar thing even remotely weird? A guy sings a song to a girl for her birthday. Geez this was even traditional at one point in America, from the old school expressing your feeling through poetry to playing music to the girl in the window to the 80/90 where people just brought a radio and played a song to the girl in the window. And yes in latin-america we still do that, we haven't lost that tradition, but it seems most Americans have to the point where it's considered weird now. What the hell seems clingy about him? In both those situations there was a reason, and in one of them all he did was drop off the soup, medicine and left immediately for work. The other one was for her birthday. Honestly this girl should just dump him, she needs someone else with a different personality instead of trying to change how he is.

• @TyroneTerminator2229 okay then

• ok then what? That's all you have to say, I was responding to what you said

• He sounds like a good guy I would keep him. Men like that are so hard to find.

• Sure he's a good guy, I'm not saying he's bad, but being creepy and clingy is bad

• Well the user ladyslipper agrees mostly with me and even says he's creepy so I don't think Im wrong

• how is he creepy and clingy? he made you a bday surprise and helped you when you were sick. Show him some affection too...

• Are you for real? He's sweet and romantic and you think he's creepy. If a guy did that for me I would be in heaven.
    Maybe you should tell him the truth so he can find someone who will appreciate all his efforts?

• Why are you complaining? Oh my gosh! What I would do to get a guy like this!