Girls, do you find a man who is very brutally honest/blunt, attractive or a turn-off?

I'm the type of a guy who would literally never lie at all, going as far as directly telling a girl to her face that I think she looks ugly by my standards and is annoying if she keeps bugging me and thinks she has a chance with me.

• Attractive
  • Turn-off
  • Others
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl
Okay, maybe I will admit, I sound a little harsh here on the details of my question but I feel like me being brutally honest helps keep my guard up and not allow myself to come off as a pushover to women.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty is great... but being rude is not okay. There really is no reason for you to be telling people that they're ugly.

What Girls Said 42

• I'm sorry. But what you're talking about is not being blunt, but flat out rude. You lack common decency in this area and you sound like you don't know how to talk to a woman, perhaps anybody without hearing you insult them. All you have to tell her is that you're not interested, and leave it at that. You don't owe her anything else of an explanation.

• I'm brutally honest myself. But when you're just flat out rude, now you're crossing the line. I respect people more for telling the truth and be real than fake. But people can eventually tell and sense when you're deliberately trying to hurt them. But please watch how you conduct yourself. Because it will jeopardize how others will see and view you, and make far less attractive as a partner. As they say: 'don't be an ass'. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

• I agree with this completely. Telling my friend that her man bun wasn't a good look for her because it made her nose look too big was being brutally honest. She appreciated that because I didn't go as far to say that she had a big nose or the man bun made her look ugly--that's just plain rude, not brutally honest. Brutal honesty is done with good intentions, so if you don't have good intentions, you're just being rude

• There has to be a balance. Brutal honesty can be an utter mood killer most of the time, and a guy telling girls they're ugly is the most unattractive thing ever, going on to unnecessarily make a person even more insecure than they already are is just plain wrong and rude as hell.

there's a better way to go about honesty, and to succeed in life smoothly you need to do it the right way, be it in relationships, to strangers, at work. Brutal honesty doesn't work everywhere and tend to create unnecessary problems that could've been avoided. And many people who say they're "brutally honest" tend to sit on a high horse and think they're better than many because they're brutally honest and not a "pushover" like you're saying, its just a turn off tbh.

A better honesty than saying "you're ugly" is saying "you're not really my type", thats still being honest but not in a rude way, and that type of honesty is what I find attractive.

• It's one thing to be honest, and another thing to be rude. Telling someone that they are ugly is unbelievably rude and inconsiderate. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who is inconsiderate, let alone date one! Be kind to others. If no one asks you for your opinion and your opinion is negative, best keep it to yourself. Practice using your judgement to assess a situation: why is he/she asking me this question, could it be because they are nervous and would like a confidence boost, or could it be because they would like to know if there's any improvement to be done?

• I voted for other. It's not a turn off or attractive. But I will accept it. My boyfriend is blunt and lots of people that knows him thinks he's an ass but I don't think so at all.
    I rather be with someone that is honest instead of lying or leading me on. This one guy I liked 2 years before I met my boyfriend, knew I liked him and the things he was doing everyone and including myself thought he liked me back as well, found out he didn't like me because I wasn't attractive enough, like seriously? Lol instead of acting like you like me for 5 months, you could of just told me and I would of moved on.

• 1. There's a time and place for hard truths and you have to be able to tell the difference.
    2. There is such a thing as tact. You can't just walk up to people and blurt out "you're fat"/"your hair looks awful"/"you smell" and expect people to be unoffended. You have to be considerate of the human being you're speaking to or else you just appear crass and disrespectful.
    3. You don't have to blurt out everything that crosses your mind. It's one thing to pull someone aside and give them a respectful heads up because you care about them, it's a whole other thing to nit pick people to their faces.

I find a genuine, open, honest man very attractive but not if he's inconsiderate, selfish, and derogatory.

• My partner is a little like that. Much blunter than I am and I don't like it very much, I don't see any need for it. If you can be kind to someone, I think that most of the time you should and I don't like that he can be brutally honest and hurt someone pointlessly rather than be gentler with his words. It's a bit of a turn off but not a deal breaker obviously.

• Well there's always a nicer way of saying things. There's no reason to be flat out rude to people because "I'm so honest". You can be honest but still be decent and kind. That is the difference between a turn on and turn off. Honesty IS a good trait but needs to go with some tact too.

• I'll admit I sound a little harsh but I guess I said in a harsh tone here after a few poor experiences with a few girls in my life who took my courtesy and nice-guy personality for granted. With a nice community like GAG, it seems like a place where I can learn more things about others and myself (maybe work on personal improvements like my lack of tact in my honesty).

• I'm a very sensitive person, so I don't typically get along well with people who are brutally honest or overly assertive. I prefer people who are thoughtful and know how to be honest without hurting feelings.

• How would you feel if a girl rejected you in the way you're describing? That's pretty harsh, dude. I think you probably make most girls who you reject feel lucky that they dodged a bullet lol.

• It depends. You can be blunt but still emotionally sensitive. If he just spouts off whatever he's thinking without any consideration for how people feel, huge turn off. Showcases his lack of empathy. If he's just honest, that's a great quality to have

• Basically what you are is a dick and you're making excuses for it. If you're so honest and all, why don't you just admit that to yourself so your honesty can be completely genuine?

• oh by the title i said yes but by your description, thats just rude not direct.

direct is someone asks you out and you are not interested, you politely say no thank you.

what you are doing is just being a spoiled brat.

• It honestly depends. Some guys call themselves blunt when they really are just ass holes. If you can be straight forward and not sugar coat things when it's APPROPRIATE, then yes, that can be attractive.

• Honesty and bluntness without any form of tact towards all people is a very ugly trait.

• Mostly a turnoff because some people will think you're stuck up and rude. I've had a conversations with people who are brutally honest and I'll never want to talk to them again because it's something about it that irks my soul.

• I appreciate tactful honesty.

• Depends on how much and what ways he words it if it's totally rude then no, im honest too but its ways to do it

• Kind of in the middle of attractive and turn off. I got this friend who is speaking and acting with a brutally honest manner to everyone. Everyone hates her for being that way. Eventhough that's not 100% wrong, can't she pick another line so that anyone who hear her statement wouldn't get hurt?

• From the way you've described youraked it sounds more like you would come off as a rude person and not a someone who is blunt.

• It really depends on the girl but in my opinion, i find it attractive.. i'd rather have a man who is brutally honest/blunt than a man who isn't and lies.. also i find their bluntness very humorous so yeah a turn-on

• I like honesty, don't like games, like to have everything in the open.

hahahaha 35% think it's attractive? Yeah right!!! I'm already seeing it " Honey do I look ok?" "You look fat in that... sorry" " omg %#%^!#!! " XD

• if a person is just being rude, then yeah it's a turn off bc it means their personality is not all there, and there's probably something else going on. nothing wrong with being honest within bounds. it's called having respect for other people.

• Depends on how he words his honesty.
    There's a difference between being honest and being a jerk.

• honest guy is preferable but unkind and brutal? there are delicate ways to be honest without sugarcoating stuff.

• Well you're not very nice. I mean, honesty is nice but being blunt and rude about things all the time isn't a tactful way to deal with people.

• Since I'm very open, honest & blunt, too, I'd actually prefer that to being led on in any way.

• I like that. I hate when people can't tell what they really think.

• if that's person is nice to you and all of sudden you want to be rude but what if that person is not interested in that lady maybe want a friendship not a pantership why be rude inteated of being truthful before any of you or that person is hurt

• I find it attractive when a man is honest and direct but he finesse with his way of going about it.

• Lol having no filter is sexy as fuck :)

• There is a difference between honest and mean you know...

• More from Girls
    12