My ex contacted me after 3 months?

So the break up happened out of no where 3 months ago and then he completely ignored me it hurt so bad... this is what he said :

ex: "hey how are you?"
ex: "I wanna say I have been thinking a lot lately and I'm very very sorry for the way I handled things and all that. I don't know why I did but you didn't deserve that at all. I'll understand if you dont answer"

What can I say back to this guy? I don't want to sound like I care or that I'm still interested... but he did hurt me... but I want to say something with grace... ideas?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Why do you think he bothered reaching out to me? What do you think about what he said? & you think I shouldn't answer?

• Ignore him... he's in your past... always move forward.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would not respond... but if you want to i would say something along the lines of 'Yeah i didn't deserve that but I accept your apology' something half blunt.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him that you appreciate the way he reflected upon himself and that you accept his apology and wish him well

• Play it cool. Make it sound like you don't even give a shit. Something simple like: "Hey, don't worry about it, what's done is done"

• just tell him whatever happened can't be changed. you accepted it and moved on so should he.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!