Boyfriend still friends with his old fuck buddy?

My boyfriend is still friends with his old fuck buddy. They slept on/off for over a year and only a few weeks before we met. Last week he was supposed to call, but couldn't because he was in the hospital. In my own horrible manner, I looked at his phone this morning to see that he had called her chatted about an hour and then texted her telling how much he appreciates and values her for always being understanding and there for him. He says he never has had any feelings for her. She has sent him postcards, painted paintings for him.
It seems like an odd relationship. Or is it just me because I don't believe you can be platonic with old fuck buddies? He has never introduced me to her either which seems strange if it's just friendly. Can you be just great friends with someone you used to sleep with so much?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I agree it is a bit odd. It does sound like there are some feelings. Not that that is that bad but I think you are normal for feeling a bit uneasy about it. Since I've never really "got it" with the whole friends with benefits thing, I don't know how to comment either way.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would make me uncomfortable, but I guess it's equivalent to being friends with an ex that you used to sleep with. Which I know some people have managed so, I would say it's possible.

What concerns me is, when he was injured, he called his old fuck buddy instead of you. Your SO/family should be the first people you call when something great or awful happens. Because when something good or bad happens, you want to share it with the people who matter the most to you, which is typically your SO or your family. The fact that he called his SO instead of you is certainly concerning.

What Guys Said 7

• Lmfao you cannot be platonic with an old fuck buddy. Your boyfriend is walking all over you and you're allowing it to happen. I would never put my girlfriend in that situation. That's ridiculous. Have some self respect.

• Meh I think it's funny how people think you can just have sex with people but exchanging a conversation with them is the weird part.

• It's odd, he's got something.

Fuck buddies are like bridges.
    You never know when you'll want to get to the other side, but gotta have them ready.

• No you can't be great friends with someone you use to sleep with. I've never seen it. There will always be a desire to be physical with that person.

• No. He keeps her around for a reason. SEX
    If you don't work out she's always an option. Duh.

• You never burn your Fuck buddy bridges never know when you may want to use em again

• sleep with me for getting a perfect revenge!

What Girls Said 1

• my motto is always "Trust but verify" don't get taken advantage of, don't be naive.