Why do I have literally NO success on tinder?

It's been a couple of months and I literally have no matches at all.

My pictures are decent, bio is to the point, and I swipe often, but not a single match has come in.

I do just fine in person when I approach girls but on here (also bumble and plenty of fish) I have accomplished absolutely nothing.

I'm not by any means the most strikingly good looking guy but I am above average (constantly get told I'm an 8 ). Why am I having a complete lack of success on here? I see guys who are not nearly as good looking racking in tons of matches. What are some tips that can help me get matches?

Also my main picture is my playing my guitar and looking away from the camera. Does this come across as douchey or like I'm trying to hide my body? Literally ANY help would be much appreciated :)

104

Most Helpful Girl

• Online dating is people shopping. People get this weird ego on the internet where they think they can be much pickier. So most average guys might struggle online, especially since any decent girl can get tons of matches and can therefore be picky.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ditch online dating. It's only full of women thinking they're special and entitled.

What Girls Said 9

• Make your bio more personable and less to the point. Have a pic of you smiling not looking emo like that pic indicates lol

• ok now that you mention it i totally look emo in my pic. i have naturally jet black hair and my eyes look like a raccoon because i barely slept the night before.

• Tinder is not the best dating site to use if you are looking for a serious and committed relationship

• "no... yr *other* right"

maybe? hey, I switch up left and right all the time mahah

• What are you looking for? Dating? Sex?

• just sex

• yeah... no matches... but the thing is i do well in person. i think im getting the whole picture thing wrong

• Sounds like that might be it. Try switching it and see if you get anymore success.

• if no one SEES your face they not going to talk to you! DUH

• Get over yourself boi

• I find the guys I swipe away fastest from are:
    1. Pics where I can't clearly see their full face
    2. No bio
    3. Bio is too short, just a joke, or just makes him look like a dirt bag
    4. If he's not in close proximity to me or going to my school or -if mentioned- has the same religious beliefs as me

However, if a guy has GOOD pictures of him smiling where I can see him full faced and maybe even a full body pic, a good bio that actually explains things about him (interests hobbies) and I related to him, and if I am overall attracted to him (and he lives nearby) there's a 99% guarantee I will swipe right. The only reason I wouldn't is if I was afraid I wasn't good enough for him (he loves hiking, I hate hiking, etc.)

Also, another good tip: if you match, talk to her first, get to know her by asking lots of good open ended questions and texting good responses. Nothing short or lame. It will save you from her either getting mad, ignoring you, unmatching you or never meeting up with you.

Hope that helps! :)

• Bad pic and bad description

• you are unlucky

What Guys Said 3

• You might overrate yourself. You are worse looking than you believe. On Tinder looks matters a lot more than real life.

Read the book "Dataclysm" and search for "The red pill" subreddit they have Tinder game stuff (game as in flirting/scoring women).

Note: You can find the book for free, reply if you need a link to it.

• only MM's slay on tinder. I went on a date with a girl from tinder and I was like 3 points over her but she seemed disappointed to be seen with me lmao. Girls who use these apps have ridiculous standards even if they are ugly themselves.

• Be serious, success on Tinder? Go out and try to meet a girl face to face, not switching on a useless social full of fake lol

• i do and surprisingly i have no problem face to face... it's on this app i can't accomplish anything. just using it as a convenience