Would you date someone who has an STD?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have genital herpes and I didn't tell my girlfriend I had it until we were deep into the relationship. No, I did not have sex with her at all before I disclosed (that would be wrong). Once I let her know, she was fine with it. After I let her know, we started having sex, and she has never caught the virus.

Herpes isn't deadly. It won't kill you. It's just "chicken pox" that appear over your privates from time to time. I actually haven't had any issues with it at all, and I'm actually wondering if I actually have it.

They say that your body can sometimes produce false positives for herpes... and if you don't show any symptoms and your score falls between 1.0 and 3.5, you should get retested taking the Western Blot test, which is the herpes gold standard test that looks for actual DNA of the herpes as opposed to antibodies that regular igg herpes test look for. I'm actually scheduled to get the Western Blot test next week. It's really expensive tho and you have to go through a process to get it done, since STD centers don't offer it.

Anyway... back on topic. The reason I disclosed to my girlfriend many months later is because of the answers you guys provided. When you have an STD, nobody wants you. If you suddenly blurt out on a first date that you have an STD, do you think the other person is going to give you a chance?

Anyone can get an STD. Nobody really gets tested these days, and people think that just because they show no symptoms that they are clean. Get tested. Ask your partner for test results.

What Guys Said 19

• No way Jose

• Obviously this is an exceptional case which requires an exceptional connection
    Otherwise no

• Really? Ya really wanna do this eh?
    Egads. I can't find the goddam face-palm icon. [shrug]

:)

• Nope.

• a permanent one? no. a temporary one maybe.

• i was nailing one with the herp. fun to play with, crazy in the head, and it was like putting a hotdog down a hallway.

• Depends

• If I'm really in love, yes.
    I do not fall in love so easily.

• No..

• Only if it is a curable one and she gets herself sorted before we get giggy

• hard to say. it would depend on how well they take care of themselves and what the STD actually was.

• if nature of the person is nice then for sure...,

• Very unlikely.

• No thanks...

• what is std?

• possibly

• Not a chance

• only if curable and cured before sex.

What Girls Said 7

• If it's not deadly and they take care of it, very possibly.

• If they told me first and we used protection. Just because they have an std doesn't mean that they aren't a good person.

• If it was a curable one, sure.

• No way

• Nope nope nope nope

• No never

• No never