Do guys prefer girls who are like their moms?

I've been dating this guy for a while, and I have met his mother and seen her texts to him on his phone (he showed them to me voluntarily)... and I have realized one thing: His mom and I share VERY similar personality. We are both very sensitive and soft, and we both love reading poetries, cooking and caring for children and men. I have found out that even our texting styles are very similar, as we both LOVE to use unnecessary emojis and tons of flowery words to describe the most mundane things.

Those traits of mine were once called "annoying" and "unnecessary" by my exes, but now I see why this guy never really minded it too much.

That has gotten me thinking: Do guys tend to look for girls who have personalities like their moms? Or shouldn't it be the opposite, meaning guys like girls who are not like their mothers, girls who are "different"? Thoughts?

222

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most guys do.
    I also think most guys will definitely say "no!"
    But if you think about it logically for a second, im sure most the girls you went for , or most you liked had similarities with mom. Could most likely be personality, but looks too sometimes.

Unless the guy absolutely hates his mom. Then he will go for girls who are the opposite