I have open bite (jaw deformity) and it makes me so insecure that I dont dare to date. I am 22 and never had a boyfriend before. Advice?

I've met a guy online and he wants to see me. We both like each other's appearance and personality. BUT! I didn't tell him I have open bite (lack of occlusion of the front teeth when the jaw is closed normally) and that's why I never smile with my teeth showing (not only on pictures but in life either). It is also noticable when I talk.
Now I finally have the chance to fix the problem (with braces and a lower jaw surgery). As the first step of the progress i've already had an upper jaw surgery to fix my crowded teeth. But I'm so afraid to see him. I'm obsessed with the thought that he will notice that something is not right with my jaw/teeth and be like "ewww". The only thing that comforts me is that I know It'll be fixed within a year. But until that time should I postpone the date or tell him honestly about my insecurities? Would you ever date a girl who's in my shoes?
Well guys, we ended up not meeting in person. He was making excuses. He is not whom I thought him to be.
Even tho always he was the one who came up with the idea of going on a date. But whenever I asked him to tell me an exact place and time for it, he didn’t reply for some days (like he texted me on Friday telling me we should finally see each other on the weekend, and I told him, yeah, so where and when exactly?, he saw my message but didn’t reply, and as the weekend passed, he told me: „So sorry, I wasn’t home” lmao, at least he should have said he was busy that weekend, right?)

120

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him xD guys like knowing that their girl trusts them. That would be an excellent step towards that end. And even so...

1. If he thinks something is weird and isn't willing to maintain the relationship for your teeth... he's too focused on appearance and not worth your time.

2. If he's worth your time but seems concerned, the fact that it will likely be fixed within the year will probably grant peace of mind xD

Seriously though... if a guy is worth your time, your insecurities will mean the world to him.

• Thank you!! I will tell him, but I won't be dramatic about it, I don't want to give him the feeling that it's such a huuuge issue for me. He is also not perfect, of course. But his imperfections are not visible for me anymore. For me he is perfect the way he is. I think i'm in love lol.

• It's really good that you're doing that, and I find it very comforting. I speak from experience in this. I'm still trying to heal a friendship that fell apart from a relationship I rushed into. I have a lot of regrets and... truly I just don't want anyone else going through that. Continue to be safe. God bless friend :)

• Well, I'm sorry to hear about that. You seem to be handling it well. Keep your chin up. You'll find someone eventually. Your approach to relationships is already very strong. You'll be okay. I'm glad to hear that he didn't get too much chance to lead you on if nothing else.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can tell him honestly, I don't think a guy who genuinely likes you will mind that. I have a minor condition of crooked teeth too, I pointed it out to my ex and he said he noticed the first time we met and said it actually makes me look cuter, I don't know where's the logic but there you have it. If he really likes you he won't bother.

• Yeah, he said braces don't bother him. But would the reason of getting braces bother him? 😂

• Nope it wouldn't. If he doesn't mind a girl with braces then he won't mind why she got it either. Come on, if he minds the reason of you getting it, it's like saying, "hey I don't mind girls wearing glasses, but I do mind the fact that they can't see without wearing one". Get it? It doesn't make sense 😑. He knows you have teeth problem that's why you wear braces, and he said he's okay with it; he knows and he's really okay with it.

• Thank you for reassuring me 😘