How to give him the hint?

The thing is, that recently I was asked by my boyfriend what I want to receive as gift for our anniversary... Actually, I don't want much, just a simple red rose, one, doesn't even need to be a bouquet of 100 roses, just one simple rose and to hear "I love you". But, so far, he haven't even given me a flower of whatever kind it can be. Nothing. I don't want to tell him "Can you at least once do like other guys and give me a rose?" - but I just somehow want to make him think about that he can possibly do it. Is a rose too much to ask for? I don't want any fancy gifts, so I told him, I don't want anything. But, how to make him come up with the idea of a rose without to tell him directly?How to give him the hint...??

710

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok so most guys take hints slowly. Super slowly. Hint you think are subtle will go over his head and hints that you think are the equivalent to a battering ram feel like you knocking at the door. Try talking about the romantic things your girls friends have recived from their boyfriends or go shopping with him and stop at a florists and stop and point at a flower (single red rose ) and that is my favourite just one of them. I dont know say it's classy. Pause and look at his face you'll either see it go in or not there and then. If it does not step it up a level and try again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like the fact he never gave you even a a single rose not for anniversary too!
    I am sure you are just a temporary girlfriend for him.
    A real boyfriend who really likes you and sees you as a potential lolng term girlfriend will give you roses even just because... not only for anniversary.
    Even a guy who is dry not romantic at all do buy smth for their girlfriend

He is either cheap or doesn't like you...

• Who knows... he always gifted me some things like books, once a wrist watch, jewellery, dresses... but never something simple as rose...

What Guys Said 9

• A TV advert a few years ago.
    Woman walks into room where boyfriend is watching TV.
    Puts down an empty vase and proceeds to fill with water.
    boyfriend watches her mystified.
    She walks out of the room again without saying anything.

• Easy watch a movie where the guy does that and say ah that would be amazing if that happened to me

• Tell him directly. Keep it plain and simple. Men do not like beating around the bush and playing mind games. Hope that works out 🙂. Cheers 👍

• I'm afraid you can't be subtle if your man is like me a blatant hint is the only thing that works

• He can't read your mind. Either you open your mouth and express your desire to receive a rose or don't receive anything.

• Men don't like hints. We like straightforwardness.

• "Hey what should I get you for our anniversary?"

• Say him directly and simply.

• I wish every girl eould think like u

What Girls Said 6

• Why not tell him directly? He asked you. Maybe you feel like if he doesn't give you a flower he doesn't love you? Some guys dont even care about flowers ans love their girlfriends all the same. And some guys give flowers to their girls out of guilt. So if you want a flower you should tell him, so that also he knows you like flowers and maybe next time he will give you one without you having to ask for it. But he needs to learn what you like. How will he know otherwise?

• No just tell him. But dont go at it like a blame "why dont you do like other guys". Simply say "I think a single red rose would be very romantic" or "I would like a red rose". You'll be surprised how EASIER THINGS WOULD BE IF WOMEN JUST ASKED FOR WHAT THEY WANT. He is your partner. He WANTS to please you, but he can't read your mind ;)

• I think if you want him to give you a rose, you're going to have to ask him for one. In my experience, hints and subtle nudges don't work.

• And I heard this from the guys also and now you confirm it... so I guess hints are pointless...

• Sorry, but they kind of are. Guys aren't mind-readers, and usually when you think you're being very blatant with your hints they don't get it at ALL... better to just save yourself and him a lot of frustration and tell him outright what you want.

• Same. If they don't care to give you that kinda romance then it is what it is sis.

• Say something like "I've never gotten a rose" near the flower section in a store.

• If he asked just tell him what you want.