Can I date a guy thats like 8 years older than me?

I really like this guy but he's like about 8 years older but he's single and soo cute!! and he's really nice and he wants to adopt kids and he is soo cute!! but do you think it would work out? because the age gap is pretty big and i wasn't even planning on having a boyfriend in hishschool but he's just so perfect!!

by the way im 15 and he is at least 22 and under 26 years old (im not totally sure but he is really perfect!)
  • yes but when you're older
    Vote A
  • age doesn't matter, date him now
    Vote B
  • no the age gap is too big
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
by the way just saying i would never ever sleep with him or do that stuff till i was like 20 i jsut like talking to him he's really interesting, nothing sexual!!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You’re 15 soooo no. If you were 18 it wouldn’t matter. But you’re underage you don’t know what you want yet.

2|0
    0|0
    • do you mean having sex because i wouldn't have sex or do anything sexual

• Both.

• You say you don’t want sex, but one thing leads to another.

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age, you should not be dating a guy that age. It would be different if you were 18 or older.

4|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In theory, yes. You gotta ask yourself, what's wrong with the 22 year old grown man that wants to date a 15 year old girl? There's definitely something wrong there.

2|0
    0|0
  • You being under age at this time I will say no.
    Once you're 18 and a legal adult, I don't believe any age is too old.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ohk girl be real a 22 year old guy is going to wait until 5 years from now to have sex with you?
    That's highly unlikely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't really matter but when you're this young it's just wrong..

1|0
    0|0
  • I know some people who are married 15 years apart and I don't know if they can/will have children or anything but it seems like it's worked out pretty well

1|0
    1|0
  • I think you're too young to date a 26 year old. When you're older it's fine, but not quite yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Uh you couldn’t date him in Florida because it has to be a 5 year difference but go for it take risks

1|0
    1|0
  • It makes me wonder why a grown man wants to date a teenager.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wait until your legal age of consent in your state/country to do anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say its the age gap. Remember he is 22. Practically a man. And a man Wants to have sex. He will make a move

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah go for it , I’m dating a 23 year old me he’s 7 years older than me

1|0
    1|0
  • You should care about other things at your age, but if you really like him and don't want anything sexual, there's nothing wrong :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't talk to men older than you right now. Wait until you're older.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, 8 years is not such a big gap in my country the gap is always like 5-10 years and the relationships are usually good. so i suggest you say yes

1|0
    0|0
  • What your parents would say if they found out?
    8 years is too much, you are too young ta date him.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want to, go for it. But you probably shouldn't have sex before it's legal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course you can

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah age doesn't matter and prison is just a room

4|0
    0|0
  • Don't, date someone your own age. Jesus christ.

4|1
    0|0
  • That is too big of an age gape when you're 15.

2|0
    0|0
  • At some point when you're older.

1|0
    0|0
  • age doesn't matter, date him now

1|0
    0|0
  • When you get older, you can.

1|0
    0|0
  • You might get in trouble or he will for dating a minor. But i personally don’t think it’ll work. You won’t be able to give him what he’ll want.

1|0
    0|0
  • At that point 8 years is a bit too much in my opinion. Age gaps matter less the older you get. Think:40/48 and 15/23. A lot happens between your teenage years, a 15 year old and a 23 year old are usually in quite different places in life.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes