Is chivalry dead?

As the question states "Is chivalry dead?"

1367

Most Helpful Guy

• Chivalry is dead. And women killed it - Dave Chappelle

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 66

• Depending on the guy. You have some that still are chivalrous and will hold the door, get woman flowers and do other kind and respectful stuff for them. Then there are guys who are not that chivalrous and could careless. There are a few others, but chivalry is not entirely dead.

• It's not dead, but it's dying because of how easy it is getting for men to be accused of sexual harassment, and I think the feminist and LGBT movements are playing a role in its extinction. I think in the coming generations, the acts of chivalry will not simply be men performing them for women. It will evolve into people doing them for people in general. When I was a kid, I never saw a woman or even another man hold the door open for a man. Now I see it every day.

• once upon a time women wanted to be equal. they slayed chivalry on their way there. now they are equal and mourn the sacrifices they had to make. women are a strange folk i will never fully understand.

• It's hard to be chivalrous and not have a radical feminist breathing down ones neck. I made that mistake, acted chivalrous and the girl snapped, I simply faded into obscurity and never spoke to her again. I dodged a bullet there.

• Explain what u mean by it a lot of chivalry is just having respect and manners

• Just being a gentleman really

• Depends on what one expects from a gentalnen I would say most if trying to impress a women would do the basic open a doop be polite pay 4 a meal but that those not define a gentlemen only good acts

• Not completely, but mostly it is in the world. Same goes for girls today as well, common curtiousy is actually rare now driven out by selfishness, lust, and greed.

• I question if it is legal anymore. Don't we need a waiver to make chivalrous gestures? I attended some mandatory SH training and chivalry is outright banned in it.

• ( Chivalry) It's not dead yet. It's still on life support with a faint heart beat. We need more gentleman with the proper upbringings in order for it to get a good bill of heath and receive its discharge papers.

• For the fifth time, yes. Good thing too. Often you see these self-proclaimed gentlemen in the most anti-female enviroments.

• No. Even if I'm just looking for sex, I'm not an asshole. I still try to be polite as possible (asking for consent and not trying to sway them a certain way). Its a part of my sympathetic mindset. No matter if I'm looking for a relationship or just a hook up I still treat girls with respect.

• Lol. Many men still know how to be gentlemen. We reserve it for women with class. You don't throw pearls before swine.

How many women know how to be ladies?

• Which one? Following the code? Being a knight riding a horse? Living in the medieval ages era? or just the knit pick romanticised chivalry BS part?

• Yea, but some parts of chivalry still remain. What chivalry stood for was a different Era and different social class. However the kind most people would want is for the most part still here. It's called a human decency 🤷‍♂️

• I dont believe chivalry is dead but a new fake chivalry has arisen were fucc boiiis disguise themselves as nice guys and try to trick women. They really make dudes look bad.

• Not even close. I still open doors, walk on the outside of the sidewalk, give her my coat if she's cold, carry her purse for her. Chivalry isn't dead

• Nope, just rare and frowned upon. I'm about just finish spoiling my gfs and being a gentleman because I always end up feeling unappreciated.

• Chivalry was a tradition of combat, where someone is gonna die, I think it's more than dead, and knights never treated women like how movies and stuff will have you to proceed

• It's "chivalry" when the man is hot and/or wealthy. It's "obsessive and creepy" when the man is not attractive. So, no, it's not dead. It's just for those with phenotypic privilege.

• Chivalry is shamed. It's all about equality now, when there's equality there is not chivalry because chivalry is not about being equal.

• More from Guys
    46

What Girls Said 12

• Maybe the real question is, are standards too high? Open the door for yourself. Pay half of the bill. Buy your own drinks. You are capable of taking care of yourself. Don’t expect it from strangers so much. But if they choose to give it, appreciate it & thank them. But do not let it go to your head honey.

• I feel like this is a loaded question that does not have a simple answer.

• Of course there will always be anecdotal evidence to prove the opposite but in a larger sense I would say yes. This most likely stemming from the technical advancement in the west that have made courting obsolete.

• Maybe not everywhere. Here though, yes. It’s dead😩😢.

• Yes but women killed it. Now I have to open my own doors, like an asshole

• Not yet. I see it daily. And try to knock some of it into my son! Lol

• Nope.

• I would rather say it's changing/shifting.

• Yep I only date ghosts and zombies

• I hope not. I love chivalry

• not yet but it's not as common as it was before

• Do humans breathe?