Do you think it’s shallow that I won’t date guys under 6 ft since I’m 5’11?

Personally I understand that some guys don’t mind their girlfriend being taller then them but to me it’s just strange. I’ve tried it too multiple times actually! I just always feel so much bigger and like the man in the relationship, I just don’t feel feminine at all and I just feel like a big giant lol. I don’t care as much about if people are judging us or whatever it’s more just I feel weird. like I have to bend down to kiss my man. If he’s just a little shorter like 5’10 or something I guess that’s not as weird but it’s like they are still shorter so it’s just.. Idk? It’s not as attractive to me I guess? I like big guys and I know that’s rare to find but that’s just what I like. Maybe if I was shorter i wouldn’t feel the same. If I was 5’5 or 5’6 I would easily take a shorter guy who was like 5’7 or 5’8 I would never say I need a man who’s 6 ft lmaooo that’s soooo much taller. I honestly get excited when I guy is 6’1 and the previous guy I dated was 6’5 and that was a bigggggggggg win for me!! I loved it and felt really comfortable w him. I don’t know though I just feel like it seems shallow when I ask guys on tinder and stuff for their height and all. I guess I wanna be able to wear heels with my man and if he’s a good amount taller it won’t be an issue ya know? You can call me shallow if you want but I just wanna know why exactly it is.

1038

Most Helpful Guys

• I think the minimum height difference necessary between partners is one inch: the male being one inch taller, and the female being one inch shorter. There's an abundance of biological and psychological findings that explain our proclivity for such a dynamic--and I understand that and don't resent it. In fact, I adhere to it myself. I'm 5'6, and I'd refuse to date a girl any taller than 5'5.

Now back to your question... I would define shallow as "demanding more than what is necessary". In this case, more than an inch is unnecessary. Thus, I don't think you're shallow. I would've classified you as shallow if you were 5'0 and still demanded a partner that was at least 6'0--but that's not the case.

• Girl, don't sweat it. Keep holding out for your tall man to come around. I won't date a girl under 5'5 because I'm 6'5". 5'11" is my dream girl though.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think it’s shallow at all. A lot of girls prefer not to date shorter guys, and I’m sure that sucks a lot for guys, but that doesn’t make females shallow in my opinion.. I mean there are guys even who won’t date shorter girls because they want girls like you and vice versa. I totally get the wanting to wear heels with your man though. Anyways, you’re not shallow for wanting a guy an inch or more taller than you. Besides, there’s plenty of those guys out there. I’m 5’3” and I landed a 6’6” boyfriend once sooo anything’s possible. That was just a chance kind of thing, but it definitely isn’t wrong to have a preference girl ☺️

• Omg exactly thank you!!! And yeah I mean if the guys like 6’1 I’m good w that. And guys want tall girls? Lmaoooo where they at? I feel guys always want shorter girls! But wooow 6’6 girl I’m jealous. But thanks this helped me feel a lot better!

• @devilman666 Alright, game plan my guy: workout consistently. Start lighter load otherwise you'll rip your muscles apart. Then you gotta make sure you pound at least 3000 cals/day. Carbs/proteins/fats (make sure to get your fiber and such with fruits and veggies). Workout with a weight that allows you to get in about 8-10 reps per set. Boom! Now go forth and gain!

• Thanks! I drink protein drinks to get more calories and proteins but it doesn't help much when I don't work out. I recently met a girl I'm into, so I definitely have more motivation lol.

• I wouldn't say it's particularly wrong, despite other comments saying it is. You have a personal preference and a standard of what attracts you, that's no issue. And letting the guys know first hand is also important, as it allows them to know what their getting into rather than possibly being strung along by you unintentionally. Though I doubt your a person who would do that, I'm just saying situationally. Open communication is key here, as it allows no one to get hurt in the end and be respectful towards the party involved. And you shouldn't be ashamed of only dating a particular guy, we can't all be attracted to everyone, and despite others beliefs, I believe being physically attractive to someone is quite an important factor when looking for a partner. Not that its the only factor, but certainly a decent part. And I'm not saying you have to be drop dead gorgeous either, but everyone has that particular trait they their find noticeably attractive amongst people. Whether it be boobs, butts, muscles, height, a smile, etc. So looking for a partner that has that certain category is no problem. Don't be ashamed. And being that your reasonably tall, it's understandable that a taller guy would make you feel more at ease in a relationship. You like the visually proportional aspect of it. You don't feel anything bad about shorter guys, it just makes you feel better to have a guy thssts taller than you. Like with me, I personally like guys to be thicker than me. Not that I'm fat or anything, I'm actually really healthy. But visually speaking, I find guys who have more meet on their bones more appealing than skinnier guys. Not that there's anything wrong with skinnier guys, and I'm sure to tell them that too, it just visually appealing to me.

• I agree 100% especially about the guys who have more meat on their bones omg I’m so glad someone else is also the same way

• I'm happy to have helped lol