Are gamer girls attractive?

Are gamer girls attractive?
So I’ve been labeled a gamer girl by close friends since I spend hours gaming. I love several different types like Fortnite, CoD, Far cry, and Japanese games like Lacrimosa of Dana and the ‘Tales of’ series. I know all about Xbox and PlayStation, where to get the best games, headsets, mics, etc.

Do guys like girls like that? I’ve never talked to a guy who really found that interesting. And my girl friends say it’s a turn off because it makes me less feminine.

Are they attractive? And if you’re a guy, would you like to date one? This is assuming physically you’re attracted to them. Would you mind the interest or personality of one?
  • Yes, they are very attractive.
    Vote A
  • No, they are not attractive.
    Vote B
  • They are seen as friends or ‘one of the guys’
    Vote C
  • I’m a girl/results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Genuinely did not expect to get so many responses and votes lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I said yes but I caveat that with "real" because so many are not really into games as much as they are themselves. Streamer gamer girls are notorious for this. If a girl is a gamer gurl that's only doing it fir self promotion then I'm pretty turned off. On the other hand if she can hold a real conversation about it then that's very attractive.

You seem to be someone that is truly into games so my hats off to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn’t even streamer gamer girl was different. Are those just girls that stream on YouTube and Twitch for attention? I don’t really watch girls that stream because they aren’t as interesting for some reason. Guys are more entertaining. Kosdff and Dashiegames for example are hilarious. But WingsofRedemption is just a channel I watch when I need a laugh because he’s terrible.

• Streamers (both guys and girls) fall into 2 categories, entertainers and serious players.

Entertainer guys usually employ humor and interact with their stream more. Entainer girls typically feature their bodies and flirt with their stream. Some guys feature their bodies too. This isn't necessarily bad I'm just not into it.

Competitive girls and guys make an effort to master their games. This is more of what I'm interested in. This seems to be the type of gamer you are.

Also I stream games from time to time.

www.twitch.tv/errantsquire

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think that men who also like games, are attracted to women who like the same things. But probably men who are not into games don't see it as attractive.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Real gamer girls? Yes, as it's something can share together where as the ones streaming on YouTube and twitch? Still yes but their not proper gamer girls lol.

1|0
    1|0
    • I thought about getting a Twitch but every time I go to my account I just get lazy lol. I stream with some online buddies through their accounts but I most likely won’t do it for myself.

• Allie_Oops I thought a lot about you. It's already several seconds ago since we met first and there are so many hobbies we share. I want to ask you... Do you want to your girl friends to shut the fuck up? Please ❤️
    I would love it when my next girlfriend likes to play video games

1|0
    0|0
    • *want to tell your...
      I allow you to punch me the next time I fail that hard.

• Honestly depends how into she is. Like if we're talking "enjoys video games" alright why not, if we're talking "does nothing but play video games, and neglects to take care of personal hygiene" then that's a big no. But that's like any hobby or pastime, it's fine so long as it doesn't take over your life. So yea, depends on the girl basically.

0|1
    0|0
  • The gaming thing, or whatever else you do, is irrelevant. What a guy is interested in is your level of attraction and desire for him. Everything else is way down in importance. Your looks, your job, your grades, none of it. He wants to know you WANT him.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s not true lol. Most guys find out a girl wants them and it ruins the chase. And gaming is important if it’s interest to both parties. It’s no different than if both people were really into wine tasting.

• Show All
    • No, you’re confused. You literally said that’s not important if he doesn’t know I want him. I said that it is important because people should have similar interests.

• Total fail honey. People don't need 'similar interests' to couple up. But you just go ahead, you old wise one.

I'm not here to argue, especially with young women that are clueless. Enjoy your time here.
      You asked a question and then want to argue about it when you don't even know. And it's YOU that's asking the question. I guess you just want people to agree with you.

And you'll find out eventually that guys hate this, and you will be dumped over and over and over for it. It's a total fail. No, you just don't know everything. Sorry toots!!

• I don't know any guys that consider it a turn-off lol. The only way it becomes a problem or anything is if someone feels neglected. Anywayyyy, it's pretty hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah, now this is a very controversial topic for many reasons. You see, there is two kinds of gamer girls; real and fake. Real gamer girls play for the fun of the game itself, to have a good time and working hard on how to better themselves in the game. Fake gamer girls play games just to say they play games, as if it's something of status that will make them more accepted in today's society.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an added bonus cuz most girls hate video games so if I met a girl that liked gaming It would cool knowing she is cool with playing , I use to have a crush on a girl that worked at Game Stop everytime I went in there I sometimes run into her and her and I would chat for a long time I kick myself in the ass for not asking for her number but she had a lot in common with me and the fact that she liked games was a turn on

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose the "seen as friends option" because while I do think that its a good trait considering it gives something in common, I don't think that simply because someone games they are attractive however

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps build chemistry if it is a shared interest. However I'm a gamer but have never been with a female gamer. But I have gotten a few into gaming only for the fun of playing with them while they're trying to get into a game.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always love to play games and when I start talking about it with guys they just ignore me or change the subject so I'll keep this thing for myself till I find the right one who play video games 24/7.,.,.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they look like that picture then yea ig but its just that those pics are lies and gamer girls really dont look like the fandom makes them look, its just disappointing tbh so i would just stick with girls that dont majorly game just game

0|0
    0|0
  • Just take a bath every few days and comb your hair.

The gamer girls were a stinking mess at my campus, and antisocial.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it really depends. If you like games I think that's great.

However I have met gamer girls that have really bad hygiene and from afar look exactly like a guy.

So... you know as long as you take care of yourself it should be all good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see them as more attractive or as a 'more suitable girlfriend'. My current girlfriend is a gamer tho, but when I found out I already had feelings for her, so it didn't really have any impact

0|1
    0|0
  • Attractive in a way that you just enjoy games and all that yes but pushhing the "ima gamer girl look at me" isn't attractive at all not saying you do that at all just saying which is and isn't attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy gaming, sharing interests help people bond. Gaming together or just talking about gaming related things helps relationships form. Thats why it's desired by many guys , because many gamers are guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a guy, but bisexual, and whether a girl plays games or not doesn't make a difference to me in terms of attractiveness. It's cool we have similar interests and makes me interested to get to know her but that's it.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Where to get the best games" better be Steam or you're our of the game mate. Headsets and mics? If you know to buy separate when it comes to headpgones and mics then I guess you know... Got my DT990's with my Modmic 4

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a hobby, I would like to have a gamer girlfriend but if not then thats fine. A lot of guys actually would like a girl that plays video games, I personally can have a conversation about games

0|0
    0|0
  • Gamer girls... ehh.

The women who stream themselves fullscreen anf the game in small are attention whores.

And they are NOT attractive.

2|1
    0|0
    • I agree I can't stand ewhores/attention whores it makes us true gamer girls look bad being a gamer girl myself I know I'm attractive but I don't flaunt it I wanna b the best player I can b.

• True gamer girls don't look like that^ they are varied like us guys but many girls who want to get a guy tend to just play the most popular games like Fortnite or CoD to get a guy and succeed.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm not sure why it matters what you're in to for attractiveness. It's just a stereotype that games are ugly basement dwellers.

0|0
    0|0
    • To be honest, I never thought about it because I just considered myself someone who likes playing games. The topic only came up a couple days ago when I posted the question. I don't like the label either way but I was told it effects how attractive guys find you so I just decided to ask. This was strictly a curiosity question lol.

• I would be more attracted to a gamer girl myself regardless of looks just due to the fact we'd have a shared interest.

• i would love to find a gamer girl that enjoys playing games with me on ps4. you should send me a message so i can add you to playstation and we should play together. i got all the cod and play forenite sometimes but right now working on cod ww2

0|0
    0|0
  • If u r asking then yes I would like to date one it would be fun. but u know u must be a little bit of interactive with boys it would feel great to boys who r talking bout that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends... Because yes, gaming is great and all, and it adds onto things to do with them... But they should still always fall into they 'perfect girl' criteria XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes to attractive but keep in mind the people that have a stronger online presence and participating on this app probably aren't the people you are meeting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you seen a REAL gamer girl, like in real life? They are usually covered in food crumbs, on their 3rd energy drink and wearing 2 day old clothes - hot as fuck when its real :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Gamer girls are the most interesting. They seem to be more introvertive and don't go out much. But I prefer girls such as gamer girls, nerd girls, and geek girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date you over your non gamer girlfriends in a heart beat. For me appearance doesn't even matter at that point. If date a gamer girl over a supermodel any time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever someone shares similar interests as you they become more attractive. Doesn't matter if it's gaming, sports, cars, music, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was the closest thing to my answer, which is I don't really know because they are always glued to a computer or smartphone inside someplace and we never get to see them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes its very attractive as I play and feel weird being watched by a girl, I would rather play something with the girl. I've always wanted to date on and this one I'm talking to now happens to play

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls playing video games is awesome! It is fun to able to share something I enjoy with them.

It also helps if they make it sexy too
    http://geekologie.com/2010/03/17/gamer-girl.jpg
    i.pinimg.com/.../...--gamer-girls-muscle-girls.jpg

0|0
    0|1
    • Wow over hundred opinions!!! I guess gamer girls must be important lol

• There's more to you than that. Loads of guys will be attracted to you because you are a game. But they will fall in love with you because of the kind of person you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • How are gamer girls not attractive? I would love to date one.

0|0
    0|0
  • The real gamer girls are never attractive but the fake attention whore video game girls who just want youtube views are.

0|0
    1|2
  • If they're the type that wears low cut tops on purpose while streaming just to get views, then it's the most unattractive and annoying thing ever. So many twitch streamers use their sexuality during streaming. Gamers can't take that seriously.

But, if they're modest, and truly do love gaming and don't try too hard to look hot then it's fantastic. Alliestrasza, for example, who is a pro Hearthstone player, wears crew neck t-shirts or sweaters while gaming and she doesn't do any kind of "sexy antics" on her stream which earned her a lot of respect among Hearthstone players.

0|0
    0|0
    • She's really hot but annoying to watch because she's awkward and sings her crappy songs when she doesn't have something to babble about.

• @Celtero Better than all the chicks with their breasts hanging out

• Yeah, though those ones don't entertain me either.

• YES... they are attractive as long as they can kick my ass in PVP

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont find it attractive necessarily but i if u play games it means we got something to bond over which helps build stronger relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • who cares if its attractive? If it makes you happy, do it. If it doesn't make you happy, don't do it. Easy as that

0|0
    0|0
  • My honest opinion

I think everyone idealize a girl as an outgoing person, has may girls as friends etc
    Personally I think that you should do what suits you and be yourself cause everyone always try to follow these superstar personalities from television and starts acting like completely different persons by also keeping up with these stars

Remember you got one life to live and it's your life do what pleases you and not for others
    If you like games then hell yeah that makes a girl attractive cause at least you can understand the giberish that gamers speak
    If someone likes you they should like you for who you are originally and naturally

And yes COD is amazing 😊😊

Be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are just so hot especially those that wear dark lipstick etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no
    Gamer girls have too many dude friends lol
    Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • whether or not a girl like games has no bearing on how attractive she either is or isn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Deffo, it's awesome to be able to game with your SO in my opinion ^^

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl lol. Not all are ugly or beautiful

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, I'm not sure. I had met some gamer girls before I did not find attractive. Well, it all depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it to be a positive thing, in general. Boy or girl, having a shared interest in gaming would give us something to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! Very much so. My girlfriend is a gamer and she's the best. I love her so much

0|0
    0|0
  • i dunno... you tell me

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes