My boyfriend won't accept my friend request on Facebook, why?

So when we met he said he didn't use Facebook much. I saw that he hadn't accepted my friend request but I did not give it much thought. After a while I started noticing that he had commented a winky face on a girls profile whose request he had accepted and though it was a long time back, he constantly changed his profile which meant he was using Facebook. When I confronted him about it he laughed it off and didn't pay me any attention. Once we got into a fight about it and I told him that he either accept my request or I don't talk to him. He deleted his Facebook account. Does that mean he's hiding anything from me? I am not a big fan of social media either but how hard could it be to accept a request?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s Facebook. Implying you guys have been together for more than just a couple months, if you already know people in his real life that matter to him, then Facebook doesn’t matter. Maybe he doesn’t want you on there because you’re scrolling through to find where he’s commenting winky faces to chicks from before you were together.

The internet is toxic. Don’t try and bring it into your relationship. Chill.

0|1
    0|0
    • We have been together for three years

• Show All
    • He keeps hiding me from his friends.

• Then at this point you just need to leave. Normally Facebook isn’t a huge deal, at all, but if he is also hiding you from his friends after this amount of time: there is something he is hiding. Fighting with him over it obviously isn’t going to do anything. Just save yourself the drama and wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got to say he is probably hiding something. Did he delete his page or just block you from seeing it.. there is a difference?

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1. Get someone you talk to and hang out with to add him on Facebook (see if he accepts it & make sure he don't really know that friend)
    2. When you and your friend hangs out (if she is loyal) get her to flirt with him
    3. If he flirts back and asks for photos
    4. Leave his ass.

0|0
    0|0
    • One of my friends asked him and he accepted her request. It's just me he tries to hide. It's not like I am unattractive either (many people when they look at us say I could do better) so why is he hiding me?

• You shouldn't be with someone that don't love you for who you are and specially if they are going to hide it. You should leave his ass.

• He’s hiding a lot. And I would dump his immature self.

3|1
    0|0
  • Oh man! He’s fucking that other chick! He’s probably both though! Have a little trust in your relationship! If you can’t trust your boyfriend then you shouldn’t be with him. It doesn’t mean he’s hiding anything from you! Maybe he just wants a little bit of privacy! People need their space even from their loved ones! A friend request shouldn’t be something you fight over.

0|0
    0|1
  • It seems like he doesn't want someone to know about you or he doesn't want you to know about the things he does on there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds to me he's trying to keep you as a secret and making sure your not on his facebook

0|1
    0|0
  • Facebook sucks. Don't read into it too much (be wary though) delete facebook.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex did this exact thing. He has something to hide and would rather delete his account than get "rid" of and stop whatever he's hiding (girls, being inappropriate)

0|0
    0|0
  • shit lmao you sound like this chick in my class
    I have certain friends and I don't want them to know about me and her

0|0
    0|0
    • Why not?

• Well let's just say I was a different person around my friends, these are my high school friends and they are basically a bunch of rich kids, they are also successful now and live a pretty lavish and self indulgent lifestyle. I didn't hangout with them since I started uni. I don't want my friends to know because I don't want them to judge me lol

I am not active on Facebook at all, it's the truth, and I told her. I log in like twice a month. But I still change my profile pic occasionally and I still joke around with these friends (including girls) for shits and giggles.

• he is hiding something. you deserve something better

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he is hiding something that is why he won't accept it.. if he didn't hide nothing that means he would accept it

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't want family or friends to know you two are togetther

1|1
    0|0
  • He's got 2 other women on the go and a baby mother 🤣

2|0
    0|0
  • We're talking about facebook here. Not real life.. facebook.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry.. he is so not our boyfriend. But I bet he has a girlfriend. Not you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look if they are being that sketchy it means they are doing something sketchy. Recast your line, and start fishing again

0|0
    0|0
  • He's cheating. If he accepts you, then his relationship status is known to all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he's sketchy/hiding something or tbh he could just not check his notifications some guys dont

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he is hiding something from you. Sorry to hear that

0|0
    0|0
  • He is definitely hiding something from you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely hiding something.
    100%

0|0
    0|0
  • He’s hiding stuff

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yeah he is hiding something

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes. Shady is shady.

0|0
    0|0
  • He’s cheating on you. Most definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably is hiding something

0|0
    0|0
  • He might be... maybe he has a girlfriend?

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because Facebook fucking sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he have some other girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep he doesn't want anyone else to know

0|1
    0|0
  • Because he thinks you'll stalk his fb probably

0|0
    0|0
    • He checks my phone and stalks my fb but when I do it it's not okay?

• Something he is hiding

0|0
    0|0
  • He hidein things

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah he's cheating on facebook.

0|0
    0|0
  • have something to hide

0|0
    0|0
  • Facebook is for old guys. Not forcreal friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he have other girl

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't like you

0|0
    0|0
  • give him some soace

0|0
    0|0
  • XD is this serious? Or are you trolling?

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t add a guy on Facebook either. He thought I was weird and sketchy. But it’s literally because I never use it. What’s the point? He threatened to be done with me if I didn’t add him on social media. Lol. He blocked me. Lol.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes