What does “I’ll talk to you later” really mean?

This guy and I have been seeing each other for almost a year now and things are great but I’m just curious why he does this haha an example is today we were talking all morning then around when we was about to be getting off work he said “I have a faculty meeting after work then I’m going to (his favorite bar) after” then in a separate text after that said “I’ll talk to ya later... thanks”

We text everyday, kinda throughout the day. I’m just curious why he’s telling me what he’s gonna be doing and if the “talk to you later” means like I shouldn’t text him or that he doesn’t want to talk to me... just wanna hear what guys think he means

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it means he is going to the bar, and doesn't want to hang out on his phone there... he'll talk to you later; it's not a big thing... the point of explaining was so that you didn't have to be concerned about him not replying... just take it as a sign of thoughtfulness...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Means he's gonna talk to you later. Text him back once he's available.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• NO he is just letting you know he’s not gonna reply. He makes sure that you don’t feel like he is ignoring you. That’s all

1|0
    0|0
    • So it’s a good thing he’s saying that?

• Okay cool. That’s all I wanted to know. He does it a lot but I never ask what he’s gonna be doing , he just tells me. And he says the talk to you later thing too

• I agree with the others. As men we are quite simple minded and usually say what we mean. So I'd say "Chat later" and literally mean " Chat later"

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a big deal, just not going to be talking for a while

0|0
    0|0
  • What happened?

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that you shouldn't text him

0|0
    0|0
  • it means I'll talk to you later