Girls, is it a dealbreaker if a guy regularly shaves his legs?

• Yes, it’s a dealbreaker for me
    Vote A
  • No, it’s not a dealbreaker for me, but I would prefer if he didn't
    Vote B
  • No, I don’t care if a guy shaves his legs at all
    Vote C
  • I’m a guy
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I would prefer he didn’t because I want the guy to have more body hair than me, not less
    But it’s really up to him and it’s not a reason to break up over

0|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually a guy shaves his legs or other parts for some specific reason, like he's a competitive swimmer, cyclist or bodybuilder for example (hair creates drag and also hides muscle definition). So ya know, if he has a reason like that I would say it was acceptable. Same as if it's just for aesthetic reasons. Most guys shave other parts like their underarms, chest and pubic hair these days anyway, I mean, shaving your legs isn't that much of a stretch now if you think about it.

0|2
    0|0
    • Don't forget it getting dirty. I am going to a festival soon, so I decided to cut my leg hair short, because the amount of dust or mud it can accumulate is nothing short of astonishing. Shaving is weird unless you are a proper athlete or a bodybuilder, but I don't see how cutting the normally 3 centimeter long hairs to 1 or 2 centimeters is bad.

• @Benedek38 At the end of the day it'll grow back either way. I've had bald legs once (my leg hair fell out due to psoriasis) it feels really weird when wearing jeans lol

• I'm a guy and I shave everything. I like having a body with silky smooth skin. I don't like my male body hair at all. I've been shaving since I was a teenager. I won't stop shaving my body hair unless I get laser hair removal to permanently remove all my body hair below my neck. That's too expensive so I'll probably be sticking to shaving until I'm rich enough to get a full body laser hair removal treatment until all my body hair is gone. I'm not gay because I only like girls. I just want to look like the male supermodels that have no body hair.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 37

• God, I would love that! Does he shave his armpits too? I think that would be sexy, at least until it started to grow back and get scratchy. My boyfriend won't even manscape (slang for a man trimmed and taking care of body hair) his pubes. My boyfriend looks like he has a dick toupee he has so much hair down there! I ask him to trim it just enough that I can find my way around the jungle but no.

0|4
    0|1
    • I don't like to have hair on my armpit , legs or chest. I prefer to be 'clean' it's way more comfortable. I just have hair on my arms that's it. Has nothing to do with my sexuality. I'm 120% straight

• Show All
    • I understand. But if you trim your hair with a machine it takes around five minutes

• I think that style looks really manly (lumberjack), but there is nothing unmanly on not having long leg hair

• Thanks for taking some inspiration from me haha. Personally though I don’t think that’d be a dealbreaker for me, but I do admire and am attracted to masculinity and masculine characteristics. So I’d definitely prefer if he didn’t shave, because I do consider that to be a little effeminate.

0|4
    0|0
  • I prefer a guy to shave his whole body. No hair to collect sweat and stink and a nice silky sexy body that can be feminized and made even sexier. Enjoy!

1|2
    1|2
  • Prob depends on why he does it. I don’t like the idea. I find it weird unless he’s doing it cuz he’s in competitive sports. But just to shave your legs? I... would struggle with that. Not that it’s a deal breaker but I don't know I wouldn’t like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I really don't care if he does or doesn't. I care more about who he is that whether he shaves his legs or not. Of course if he specifically asked me I'd say leave it. Too much maintenance and worries over such a trivial thing. But if having it shaved would make him more comfortable with himself I'd support him with shaving. Lol. I guess my simpleton brain will never really grasp how such things matter (to the point of being a dealbreaker) to some people. Meh. To each his own

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm that depends. Personally I think guys don't need to shave their legs. I think it's masculine and normal to have hair there. If he wants to shave, I won't beg him not to but if he acts like not shaving his legs is the end of the world and has that kind of (gay) behavior, it certainly is a deal breaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • Omg what’s with all the hairy men on this app who r insecure with their hair. If you don’t like it simply shave it and who gives a fuck about what anyone else thinks

0|1
    0|0
    • i never said i personally did it lol

• Exactly shit grows back , do whatever it takes to turn her on , if she likes hair let it grow if she doesn't shave the shit , whatever it takes to get laid lol

• Kinda, even I don't shave everyday, this says something about the type of person he is
    But if we get a long, I don't think it matters that much after all

0|2
    0|0
  • Some people think its gay but i hate body hair so i’d find it sexy if he got his body hair waxed (long as he doesn't like wearing thons and speedos)

0|1
    0|0
  • I would rather he not shave his legs. It’s not a dealbreaker per se but it is kind of a turn off. If that makes any sense.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't want my man being more maintenance than myself. Plus I want a man who looks like a man-the way he was born-with some maintenance yes, but not like what I/most women do

0|1
    0|0
  • I really don't care. Maybe he's a professional swimmer.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yea. I wouldn't date a man who shaves his legs. To me that's too weird.

0|2
    0|0
  • I am definitely in the I don't care variety. There can be a multitude of reasons why a guy might shave his legs, ranging from hobbies to work.

0|2
    0|0
  • It would probably turn me off a bit if I happened to walk in on him shaving his legs. Not so much that it would be a deal-breaker, tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd prefer if he does- I love how the legs of cyclists and triathletes look.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda odd, I mean unless he's a swimmer then okay but other than that, why?

0|1
    0|0
  • A huge deal breaker. I would feel pressured to shave mine. ☹️. Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Hair on men has its own appeal but if my guy wants to shave I won't say no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who are the two girls that said I'm a guy😂🤣

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 20

• I never heard of guys shaving their legs period to be honest , but whatever floats your boat , if u date a girl , find out if she likes hair or not , if she does , let the shit grow back , whatever it takes to get laid lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, there are reasons why a guy might, certain situations, certain professions, maybe he's an olympic swimmer or whatever. Shaves to make himself more aerodynamic when he fights, something like that.

If a guy has a legit reason, I mean, come on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I trim it off every spring. Especially my legs have hair spiralled upto an inch

0|2
    0|0
  • the only thing you should shave is your neck, chin and cheeks

0|2
    0|0
  • I never herd of men saving their legs. I thought men are supposed to have hairy legs.

0|1
    0|0
  • You know, there are some men who naturally have very little or no leg hair. What then?

0|1
    0|0
  • And sometime's I shave my leg's love the smooth feeling.

0|1
    0|0
  • i trim them when they get too long or during the summer time since it becomes super uncomfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys that have too much hair can find it uncomfortable, I wouldn't shave just trim if anything

0|1
    0|0
  • It’d be a dealbreaker for a girl to insist/need me to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't shave but I trim every once in a while when it gets too unruly.

0|1
    0|0
  • My brother shaved his arms, I told him he’s an idiot

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a balance is good. A decent carpet, but not a jungle. Just like pewbs.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd shave my legs if a girl wanted me to

0|1
    0|1
  • Hair on my body is kind of a nuisance.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never shave

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a deal breaker for them

0|1
    0|0
  • competitive swimmers HAVE to

0|1
    0|1
    • I have always wondered why tho

• Show All
    • does it explain the exact physics behind it, why it works?

• "They do it to be more streamline, if they don’t shave they will wear body suits for the same purpose. I knew a male pro cyclist who used to shave his legs every day, he did it for streamline purposes too.

I suppose when winning or losing a race often comes down to milliseconds then every little helps."

This is what I found, I looked it up in a few sites and they all says the same bit with diffrent words

• I’m a guy

0|1
    0|1
  • Nice question

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes