How competitive is Tinder for guys?

I just start using Tinder and as an average girl, I got lot of matches, more than I expected. I had to sort the guys since there were too many. Are the gender ratio unbalanced on Tinder? Or just people in general like to match with a lot of people?

279

Most Helpful Guys

• This is what I came up with:

"If you're a woman seeking a guy on dating apps, it can sometimes feel like there's an overwhelming amount of men on there. Maybe that's because men (and often the ones you're not interested in) send more messages than women, but it can definitely feel like they're dominating."

"When it comes to Tinder, the most popular dating app, the good news is that it's a 50/50 split between men and women. "

So there you have it. Equal numbers, but the guys will swipe on most every girl. Then all the girls have to do, is just sit back and swipe on the hottest guys. Then the hot guys start sorting through their matches. They're looking for the hottest girl, that's DTF. (And hopefully that same night.)
    They start with the 10s and work their way down to the 4s.
    So a decent, confident, intelligent guy who's a 7, doesn't stand a chance with getting a girl who's above a 3.
    Girls would much rather have a hot jerk, than a decent average guy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That makes sense, for hookup, I would rather be with the handsome male than good guy, but then again, in long term, its the complete opposite.

• Yeah I mean short term and long term is different, but you got it right I think. I'm average and been with really attractive guys, where they using me to fuck? Maybe, but they were sexually attractive so it didn't bother me. I would rather get used by them than having sex with someone less good looking. Then again in long term, the mindset is different obviously.

• If you just want to get used, then Tinder is the perfect place. But if you want long term, then you need to stop swiping the hot guys, or just get off Tinder.

• They are SO unbalanced. There are hundreds or thousands of guys for every girl. We just had a topic on this three days ago. I could spend hours explaining how unbalanced and crazy it is.

But some quick numbers I've been able to put together...

1) There are hundreds of guys for every girl. OR WORSE.
    2) 99% of girls profiles on there are fake or actively bots. Many are prostitutes. So any real girls are lost in a huge sea of fake profiles that look real.
    3) Girls are inundated with offers in minutes. Guys go months without a response (except from bots.) So girls just open Tinder and have unlimited dates. Guys wonder if there is even a single girl on Tinder.
    4) A girl will literally get more responses from filling out a profile than a guy will get in months of putting in hours a day trying to meet someone.
    5) Even with a decent profile (not special) and blindly swiping right on EVERY picture, for weeks, it is unlikely to get even a single hit for guys. Eventually they will get one, but they are super rare.
    6) On the super rare chance that you meet a girl, because the girls have unlimited options they have resorted to ghosting or standing guys up at an atrocious rate.

I've done a lot of research because I'm working on a romcom screenplay based on how ridiculous Tinder is and how little women understand how it works.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I still can't find a halfway decent date with a guy who doesn't just want to hookup.. Every guy I've met wants to hookup. Even though I've had 200+ matches. I've met a few but only one good experience and he ended things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, there are mainly guys on there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE