What are your thoughts on a man that can cook?

Ladies, is a cooking man a huge + in a relationship? Just asking because out of the blue, I just randomly started cooking, and I liked it. I really want to make some rich restaurant level meals, cooking is fun, never thought I would ever like it. Would really want a woman to appreciate my chef skills from time to time

Men, do you like to cook?

5842

Most Helpful Girls

• Every adult man should know how to cook. It's not a plus, it's requirement. I'm not dating someone who doesn't handle basic skills.

• Then go to hell and stay single! Lol

• 1) I believe it's a good skill to have.
      2) So you expect it from. men? Well, then don't cry sexism when men have unrealistix expectations. Things like "I don't date women who work. I need a full time housewife".

I just honestly hope one day you meet the perfectly guy, and you'll have to either dump him, or become
      a hypocrite.

• Cooking classes are mandatory in school here, I expect everyone who has passed seventh grade, regardless of gender, to know how to cook. So if someone is really so clueless that they don't know how to make dinner for themselves, I wouldn't date them.

And @bigbang10 I have a boyfriend, who knows how to cook, so I don't have to "stay single" or go to hell... 🙄

• Honestly I would prefer they didn't. I want to take care of my future husband so I want to have some skills that they don't have so they appreciate it more.

• Understandable

• So you are intimidated by a man who has a diverse set of skills, and can take care of. himself? I smell hypocrisy.

Most Helpful Guys

• All adults should be able to at least make some basic meals. You don't need to be a master chef, but anyone can learn at least a half dozen meals.

I can make about 20 dinner meals, basic baking, and I also do a bunch of grilling. And everyone should be able to make a few traditional breakfast meals - eggs, pancakes, waffles, French toast, etc. It's not difficult...

• >> Men, do you like to cook?

I enjoy it and got used to it as a bachelor, but I'm a little bit sloppy. I don't like to follow recipes precisely, so I'll look up multiple recipes for a dish and get a general idea of like the key ingredients that influence the flavor. Then just kind of go half-assed grocery shopping and make sure I get the essential stuff. Then taste and tweak and taste and tweak.

I'm much better at foods that allow tasting and tweaking, like a pot roast or a curry or a sauce or soup or chili or something. I'm not so good at precision things like baking where you have to get it all precise and perfect in advance. I did get the hang of searing steaks and estimating doneness, but only because I'm a steak lover.

• I also have no consistency since I'm so sloppy and never measure. I like to think the dishes I make taste good every time, and they seem to be quite popular among people, but they also taste different every time. :-D

• I can barely bake those cookies in a tube.

• @spartan55 Same. :-) That precision stuff is way too tedious for me, and too many ways for it to go wrong. I can kind of save the stuff that's more forgiving with the whole taste and tweak thing.