3 mo

How often do you double date with another couple?

Not all double dates are glitzy and glamorous
Not all double dates are glitzy and glamorous
If you do not know what a double date is, I will explain. You and your SO invite another couple to share a date together. It could be going to a movie, dinner at a restaurant, clubbing, bar, concert, beach, etc. It does not involve any aspect of swapping partners for any purpose!

Double dating was popular when I was a teen because many parents felt that their children were safer if they were dating in groups. Therefore, parents were more likely to allow their child to go on a double date. Of course, what starts as a double date can quickly break up into two individual dates going their own directions once the parents are out of sight, but parents had themselves convinced that it was a safer alternative.

A double date can be much easier for someone who is just starting to date and lacks some self-confidence. By staying together as a group, you don't need to worry about "what if I run out of things to talk about?" or "what if he starts trying to feel my boobs?" or whatever. Sometimes, double dating is something that a slightly more experienced and compassionate friend will offer to help you get started dating.
More casual double date. (The guy on the left is a total dork!)
More casual double date. (The guy on the left is a total dork!)
I left home at age 16. I don't recall having any double dates in high school. I think I had one double date in college and had a few when I was married; it is a nice way for couples to get together and socialize.

What is your history with double dating?
I have never been on a date
Vote A
I have never been on a double date
Vote B
I have only double dated once in my lifetime
Vote C
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond high school/age 18
Vote D
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond college/age 22
Vote E
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond being married or living with my SO
Vote F
I have double dated when I was married or living with my SO
Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
How often do you double date with another couple?
Add Opinion