3 mo

How often do you double date with another couple?

Not all double dates are glitzy and glamorous
If you do not know what a double date is, I will explain. You and your SO invite another couple to share a date together. It could be going to a movie, dinner at a restaurant, clubbing, bar, concert, beach, etc. It does not involve any aspect of swapping partners for any purpose!

Double dating was popular when I was a teen because many parents felt that their children were safer if they were dating in groups. Therefore, parents were more likely to allow their child to go on a double date. Of course, what starts as a double date can quickly break up into two individual dates going their own directions once the parents are out of sight, but parents had themselves convinced that it was a safer alternative.

A double date can be much easier for someone who is just starting to date and lacks some self-confidence. By staying together as a group, you don't need to worry about "what if I run out of things to talk about?" or "what if he starts trying to feel my boobs?" or whatever. Sometimes, double dating is something that a slightly more experienced and compassionate friend will offer to help you get started dating.
More casual double date. (The guy on the left is a total dork!)
I left home at age 16. I don't recall having any double dates in high school. I think I had one double date in college and had a few when I was married; it is a nice way for couples to get together and socialize.

What is your history with double dating?
I have never been on a date
I have never been on a double date
I have only double dated once in my lifetime
Vote C
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond high school/age 18
Vote D
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond college/age 22
Vote E
I have double dated but didn't continue doing that beyond being married or living with my SO
Vote F
I have double dated when I was married or living with my SO
Vote G
GirlGuy
8
13