How do I find the x & y intercept of a equation with exponents?

I have no idea how to do number #29!!! It doesn't even look like a linear equation to me. Please tell me where to at least start. Thankx you How do I find the x & y intercept of a equation with exponents????!!!?

017

Most Helpful Guy

• The x intercept is the point (or points) on a curve where y is zero. That's all. The y intercept is the point (or points) where x is zero. For #29, when y is zero you have 0 = 2x^3 - 4x^2 = x^2(x - 4). This curve has two x intercepts. You can probably do the rest now.

This is all pretty pointless in my opinion. Not algebra, which is a useful way to solve problems, but all the stupid vocabulary that mostly real mathematicians don't use, like "x-intercept". I did graduate work in math. Don't think I ever said "x-intercept" after high school.

What Guys Said 16

• Man my math teacher would be so disappointed that the easy stuff we did I already forgot.
    But yea it's not linear.
    http://www.geteasysolution.com/0=2x%5E3-4x%5E2

• Generally one would use math.

hope this helps!

• 29 is indeed not a linear equation since it has the 3 above the 2x.

x-intercept, set up to zero.
    0= 2x (3) - 4x (2)
    x-intercept= (0,0), (2,0)

Y-intercept, replace X with 0
    y= 0 - 0
    y-intercept= (0,0)

So the X and y intercepts are (2,0)

• Hope it helps!
    best of luck😊

• sorry I forgot all this over the summer

• Punch it into a graphing calculator.

• To find y intercept, put x=0 and for x intercept put y=0 and solve equation simultaneus until coordinates obtain. Thnx for asking.

• 2x^3=2x^2×2x^2

• Notice how no girls responded to this. Girls hate math.

• Been years since I've done any of this math but always reduce math to its most basics to solve it. So what is 2x3 - 4x2... 2*x*x*x - 4*x*x... can you solve it now?

• there are multiple ways to do it, the easiest is with derivatives.

• replace for each of the variables with 0 to get the other ones intercept... easy

• if u can't solve the problem dont worry.. they won't become very useful in the future anyway haha

• This is really easy. I can't believe this can be difficult for someone who is 18 years old.

• what is the answer by the way

What Girls Said 0