Top 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Steven Spielberg

Top 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Steven Spielberg is an awesome director and creator. He made the 1975 Jaws. Love that movie it was the first movie to make over 100M at the box office. It made 260M at the box office which is incredible which it deserves. It also should've won best picture since not only did it make more than any other movie in 1975 but is the most Iconic movie of 1975. Steven Spielberg also directed ET in 1982 which was not only the biggest box office movie of 1982 but the biggest box office movie of the 1980s. In 1993 he once again had the biggest box office movie ever with Jurassic Park which made 914M-1.29B at the box office. In 1993 he did another movie which not only won best picture but best director. Steven Spielberg is arguably the best movie director ever.

Don BloothTop 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Don Bluth made Anastasia it that made 139M at the box office. He knows how to make really entertaining movies. He's definitely a really good director.

Quentin TarantinoTop 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Quentin Tarantino's film Pulp Fiction was nominated for best picture and also Pulp Fiction was nominated for best director. Reservoir Dogs was another movie by him that people love it. Quentin Tarantino is a really cool director.

Rob Zemekis Top 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Rob Zemekis is a really incredible director he made Forest Gump a movie that made 677M at the box office. Forest Gump won best picture and also Rob won best director. Forest Gump made Tom Hanks get the award for best actor. He also directed probably my favorite movie ever Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I love that movie.

Rob Redford Top 5 Best Movie Directors Ever!

Rob Redford was the director of the 1980 movie Ordinary People. Ordinary People made 54M at the box office, also it won best picture and it made Rob Redford win the award for best director.

What Do You Think Of My Top 5 Movie Directors?

Who Are Your Favorite Movie Directors?

09

Most Helpful Guy

• Steven Spielberg is my favorite too, but don't forget about George Lucas, Gene Roddenberry, John Carpenter, Ridley Scott, Tim Burton and Wes Craven.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender

What Guys Said 8

• I like the ones you listed. My personal favorites might be Paul Verhoeven, David Cronenberg, Stuart Gordon, James Cameron, and Ridley Scott.

• Those are your top 5 bud?

• I think so. At least they are some ones I can think up who have multiple films each which I love.

P. Verhoeven (Starship Troopers, Total Recall, Robocop)
      D. Cronenberg (The Fly, eXistenZ, The Dead Zone, Dead Ringers)
      S. Gordon (Re-Animator, Robot Jox, Dagon, Edmond)
      J. Cameron (Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss)
      R. Scott (Alien, Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator)

• All of these directors would admit that they would give anything to direct a film as well as Akira Kurosawa. Widely considered the greatest director of all time, his films are a compleatly different level.

Don't be confusing box office and artistic brilliance. Some of the greatest films ever made, made nothing.

• Good list of director's. Many more namew to add to the list. lol.

• No Oliver Stone? No Martin Scorsese? John McTiernan? Bryan Singer?

• Steven Spielberg and Rob Zemekis, I also think James Cameron is pretty good too

• I can't agree with somebody who doesn't love Star Wars.

• Thank god you didn't put kubrick

• Tarantino is a dick, but he does make good films.