Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

Diamonds are a Girls best Friend !!!

YES, but what do they mean in different cultures?

It is so interesting to see that every peace of jewelry or every little pearl, symbolizes or shows something that is traditional and very important for that culture !!!

China Jewellery Around The World - Facts and

Hair ornament, gilded silver, turquoise, coral and seed pearls. China is known for being one of the largest producers of pearls. It is a very ancient artistic tradition. Turquoise is seen as a “living stone” that shares the ultimate fate of the mortal that wear it.Coral is supposed to bring good luck, strength to women, and favorable effects on menstruation. Pretty cool huh? And plus they look so beautiful !!!

India

This is called Hathpool (or flowers for the hand), also sometimes called the Panchangala (or jewel for the five fingers), is from Rajasthan. I am a big fan of the Indian Culture as you know, and they have so many more colorful jewelry sets !! JUST AMAZING Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

Egypt Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12Jewelry of ancient Egypt was crafted with semiprecious stones, gold and copper.

They so remind me of our modern use of Jewelry and how this is so fashionable today, this is one of my favorite Jewelry types.

Usually jewelry was worn by both men and women of all social classes. Statues of kings and gods were adorned with lavish jewels, and the deceased were sent off into the afterlife ornamented in the jewelry of the living.

Greece Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

Different types of jewelry were produced in the Hellenistic period of Ancient Greece-Necklaces, earrings, pendants, pins, bracelets, armbands, thigh bands, finger rings, wreaths, diadems, and other elaborate hair ornaments. Usually, it was dedicated at sanctuaries as offerings to the gods !!! And they look stunning !!

Bulgaria Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

Traditional Jewelry in Bulgaria, Western Region, Overearings are connected with a row of coins that passes under the chin. Usually they wear this with a head cloth. And they also look amazing and honestly, I would so love to have one of those !!

Russia Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12Odintsy, dvoychatki, Triad, hanging earrings with 1, 2 or 3 rods with carnelian, bone, mother of pearl beads or cylinders, beads, pearls. Were common in Kaluga, the northern and central parts of European Russia.

In Russia, traditional jewellery was pearl, produced in kidney-shaped shells, and mined in northern rivers.

Kazakhstan Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

Sholpa, and trust me I'm loving this peace of art. This sophisticated analogue of modern hair-clip lookes like coins attached to a lace pendent that clang to hair with silver threads. The adornment obliged ladies who braided it into their hair to have a gliding gait – the smoother the steps, the more tender the tinkle of hanging coins.

Native American

that contain following symbols:

- Snake: The snake is a positive symbol that represents healing (due to shedding of the skin), re-birth, and is a physical sign of good luck.

-Thunderbird: The legend of the Thunderbird is an iconic symbol. It is believed that its enormous wings cause thunder, wind, and sounds of warning. The Thunderbird also represents power for those who see it. -Sun: A widely-seen symbol, the Sun image often means "Earth's Guardian" or something similar. It represents healing, energy, and in some cultures is considered to be the giver of life. And many many many more. Native American Jewelry is just amazing and they have SO many symbols and definitions. Jewellery Around The World - Facts and "Blings" - Part 12

I would actually love to see your traditional jewelry from your country, let me know in the comment section I'd be so glad to see them.

Take care and have an amazing Day

Natured <3

615
natured is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really like the Indian jewelry because it's so artistic and neat lookin to me, and the Native American Jewelry.. Love the color, and the patterns..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for MHO!

• Indian jewellery is always look beautiful and attractive. You can buy from online from various store but i prefer for best jewellery Is Rudba. com

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 14

• I loved it! i didn't know anything about the history of jewelry and it's various origins and definitions. It's been a good journey to read through.
    Everyday learning something new!

Sorry i've been too late for reading and commenting! i couldn't get the moment i wanted in time. However, you done a great job as always. :)

• Another really take take... if you were a hotel you'd have 5 stars :D
    I would have expected Italy to be among the countries, what can you tell us about jewelry typical to your country? :D

• My favorites that are on your list are Greece and Russia (: Very beautiful Jewelry (: Which ones ate your favorites

• Thank you, my favorite are Egypt and Native American !!! <3

• I remember I knew this woman who's Greece and she's the only woman I knew who's Greece. Do you know anyone who's Greece? She was a very cool lady by the way

• Nice pictures and interesting facts about the bling bling. It's interesting how people craft and make so many unique and interesting jewelry.

• I like jewelry from India the best. To bad I can't stand the accent.

• Egyptian jewellery is awesome I've seen it in real life of course and yeah men and women used to wear it
    Actually gold was soo common in ancient Egypt that silver was more precious
    And great take as always

• on the topic of ancient greek thigh bands, is there really any point to things like thigh or waist jewelry that isn't lingerie related?

• Diamonds aren't always a girl's best friend. Some girls don't like them because they know it's possible that it was picked by some kid in Africa as a blood diamond.

• Yeps. U r ryyt. India is good exporter of gold. Here u will get each n every sort of goods regarding jewels acc to ur desire. My sis is fond of brooches one of famous jewel. :)

• If diamonds are so valuable why do women put them on their finger instead of up their butts or in a safe?

• I like the Indian things cuz my friend was half Indian an Norwegian

• Uh, I don't think we have any, but I don't know much about jewelry in general, so whatever.

• Good one.

• Good take. Do you believe in the afterlife?

What Girls Said 5

• I love Jewelry in all forms :) <3 <3 <3 Very artistic and expressive.

• Cool facts, I like diamonds :P

• i like the look of traditional jewelries

• I love jewellery <3

• interesing