17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads

The Rugrats was one of my favorites growing up and even now I Love to watch for old times sake. But here are some scenes that totally went over our head as kids.

L17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads

17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads

17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads17 times the Rugrats made jokes that went over our heads

Some of these I understood as I got older like the Video that grandpa Lou was going to watch later on, but it took me a while to know a gross is 144 and that there was quite a bit of Adult jokes in these shows not to be dirty but so they can also gain a parental audience which a lot of cartoons at the time did not have.Even today Cartoons like:Gravity Falls,Adventure Time, Star Vs The Forces Of Evil,SpongeBob,The Loud House all use some form of adult humor to gain millennial audiences. Which grew up watching Rugrats,animaniacs,Dexter's Lab, Powepuff Girls,etc.. Even the predecessors beforehand like Looney Tunes, Yogi Bear, The Flintstones,Popeye, Scooby Doo etc..had humor that went over children's heads. Cartoons are not just a children's market but for everyone.

#Rugrats

#Adultjokes

46
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Most shows back then had a lot of adult humor and over a kids head humor in it.

Spongebob itself is actually an adult comedy it's gets funnier as you get older because you finally get the jokes

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah this isn't exactly ground breaking... and the arctic monkeys one is kinda pointless and not true.

• The pee princess and Grandpa's space vixens were too much XD XD

• Awesome! Haha

What Guys Said 5

• This show also had some innuendo. To be honest I kind of want to watch these again. I loved these so much as a child. We had recorded VHSes of the shows and I'd watch them over and over.

• That has been a trait of kids TV for a long time - The assumption there is an adult nearby same in the movies - It is just a nod to them

• Didn't notice these the first time I watched the show as a kid

• Space vixens, a place of every mans dream.

• LOL I never noticed these before