The Indisputable Legends: Meet the World's Most Amazing "Male" Blues and Rock Musicians of All Time!

As Requested By Overwhelming Demand..."Laurie's Take" On The Greatest Male Rock and Blues Artists To Ever Shake Planet Earth!

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

OMG, OMG, OMG!...Why do I love blonde boys so much?!!! ...Should I repeat?!

We'll Start Out By Answering That Question - In Four Magnificent Words...."MEET KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD!!!!!" AND I'M NOT KIDDING!!!...Should I repeat again?!!
Mr Kenny married Hannah Gibson in 2006, daughter of the infamous actor, director, movie producer Mel Gibson. Mr Kenny is from the bijou state of Louisiana, Shreveport to be exact, home of the "Deja Voodoo". Now hold on to your rabbits foot, because here we go again into the underworld of one of rocks greatest performers....

Jonny Lang

The last time I saw Mr Jonny live in concert, sweat was dripping from every pour in his body. The passion he radiates in his music is unsurpassed in the rock blues industry and now you'll see it for yourself! This blonde boy will even let you lie to him...lol. Get ready!...

Eric Clapton

Eric Clapton loves to gather the very best and greatest blues legends together to jam for his million of blues fans, of which I am one. If this isn't the greatest gathering of blues greats along with one of the most incredible blues jams ever to hit the stage then I don't know what is, and I'd like to know, so pray tell? Get ready...set...go now...

Tom Petty

Even though my list isn't going to be near complete, I could not leave out the late, great TOM PETTY in my first line-up of rock-blues greats! After a drug over dose last October due to intense pain from a broken hip, Tom left us way too early. Rest in Peace my friend!

Tom's many decades of top-of-the-chart hits has left me challenged to select the ones to include, but here are some of my favorites. I love the girl standing in the window in "Mary Jane's Last Dance" as I have done that myself many times...lol. Now for a master rock musical performer and song writer, HERE'S THE MAN, THE LEGEND HIMSELF, THE LATE GREAT - TOM PETTY!...

Rory Gallagher

From the shores of Ireland comes the great...RORY GALLAGHER! Mr Rory was at his peek in the 70's and 80's but his skill, performance and style have been looked upon and envied by some of the biggest names in the blues rock industry to this day. If you haven't been introduced to Mr Rory's music as of yet, you are in for one gigantic treat! Here goes!

Billy Idol

Now, who doesn't know England's Punk Rocker...Billy Idol! ...are you in for a treat!! Do I need to say more? ...

CAUTION: This next one from Mr Billy is PG-13 rated. If you aren't into SEXY, then you need to pass this one by. Billy wants to explain how TO BE A LOVER, and there are some gorgeous girls that just happen to be near by wanting to help him...lol...

Hope you liked my little collection of ROCK & BLUES GREATS! Only 15 videos are allowed per MyTake but I have to warn you...I'LL BE BACK with more blues and rock that will delight your senses from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet and certain "very special places in-between" on occasion...lol

Remember, IF "LAURIE LUVS IT" THEN YOU WILL TOO!! And feel free to share your favorites with me and the GAG community!

87

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You have such good taste in music! I thought I was the only one who knew about Johnny Lang and Rory Gallagher.

• Thank you Ms Ellie!
      I love them both. What great taste you have as well:)
      Great minds do think alike... lol

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• Jonny Lang lie to me... and here's some i like (Creedence Clearwater Revival-run through the jungle/black sabbath-paranoid/acdc-thunder) and the best especially when i'm angry... judas priest-painkiller

https://youtu.be/nM__lPTWThU

• Wow, that KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD can shred the axe...
    Here is a girl that could compete, we don't wanna leave out the girls... lol
    https://youtu.be/mK6tcgsKgps
    And another Billy Idol for kicks...
    https://youtu.be/sYYAv-QW38Q

• blues rock
    billy idol?
    tom petty?
    not blues musicians... and tom petty is one of my top 10 fave artist

johnny lang... talented for sure but most amazing?
    i'm sorry. i was excited for this list but was sorely disappointed

where is jimi hendrix, jimmy paige, duane allman, buddy guy, joe satirini, jeff beck, b. b. king, muddy waters, howlin wolf, robert johnson, keith richards, stevie ray vaughan, joe bonamasa

eric clapton... absolutely
    rory gallagher... not one of my faves but i can't argue that he isn't amazing
    hate to be the wet blanket. sorry... i really hate to be negative

• I listen to a lot of different music, but my 2 favorites are Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.

• guns and roses

• agreed

What Girls Said 7

• Amazing bluesmen... thanks for posting... great fun to watch!

• You already have one of my favorite Billys here... Billy Idol!!
    Another favorite Billy is Billy Joel... Cause It's Still Rock & Roll To Me!!

• Tom Petty's Freefallin' is one of my fave songs of all time. Definitely touches me in certain very special places...

• I stopped writing My Takes a while back, but this kinda makes me want to write one that i almost wrote a long time ago on the Mojo Triangle. 👍

• Cool my take. I’m not really into rock and blues. But it sounds interesting

• nice, i have family in shreveport. haven't been out there yet

• Where’s the OG blues singers