5 Compelling Movies That Are Based On A True Story

1) 22 July

On 22 July , 2011 two well planned sequential terrorist attacks took place in Norway, by homegrown terrorist and right-wing extremist, Anders Behring Breivik. His first attack was a car bomb explosion outside a parliament building in Oslo - which killed 8 people ,and injured over 200.His second attack occurred at a youth summer camp on the island of Utoya,where around 650 youths were staying. Breivik ,heavily armed and dressed as a police officer, went on a hour and half shooting spree on the Island. Killing 69 people,and injuring over 30

White supremacist , Anders Behring Breivik

2) Schindler's List

German industrialist and a member of the Nazi Party ,Oskar Schindler risked his own life ,by spending millions to protect and save as many Jews as he could from Hitler's gas chambers,and from the brutal treatment of the Nazi party.Moved with compassion and a deep respect for human life, he dedicated his life to saving the lives of 1,200 Jews.5 Compelling Movies That Are Based On A True Story

Oskar Schindler

3) Zodiac

Zodiac focuses on the lives of those who were obsessed with the original investigation and manhunt for the Zodiac serial killer.Who is allegedly responsible for murdering 37 people, during the late 1960s and early 1970s, in Northern California.Despite taunting police with letters for not being able to catch him , and sending them coded letters warning them about his next move,as well as sending them bloodstained clothing; the zodiac killer is still one of the most infamous unsolved serial killer mysteries of all time.

Taunting letter from the Zodiac killer

4) United 93

On September 11, 2001, United Airlines Flight 93,was scheduled to fly to San Francisco,but unbeknown to the passengers and crew ,the plane had been seized by Al-Qaeda terrorists.It was one of four planes that day which had been hijacked by terrorists.Real 911 calls and other audio are used to tell the story of the courageous passengers who united together to foil a terrorist plot to crash Flight 93 into the White House.Instead, they joined forces and fought back ,forcing the plane to crash into a field in Pennsylvania. Killing all on-board.A national memorial is located at the site of the crash of United Airlines Flight 93,to honor those who sacrificed their lives for American citizens

One of the many memorials erected in the National Memorial park dedicated to the passengers and crew who lost their lives on United 93

5) Everest

Everest tells the true story of the worst Mount Everest disaster which occurred on 10-11 May 1996, when sadly, eight people lost their lives. Including experienced mountaineer Rob Hall ,who lead his team of climbers to the submit.Hall's body was found on 23 May .His body still remains frozen on Mount Everest , just below the South summit,at the request of his widow.She said" it's where he'd like to have stayed", and that she "does not want people risking their lives to retrieve his body"

Mountaineer Rob Hall

810
Fitness-Fanatic is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• Kingdom of Heaven

The Founder (HUGELY under rated movie BTW). My sister hates historical movies and no one in my family likes McDonalds but I showed them this scene and they watched the whole movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1O8h0jhLyA

• Psycho/Texas Chainsaw/Silence of Lambs

Raging Bull

Jaws

The Untouchables

The Lou Gehrig story

• 2012 the end of the world is also a true story , I have never felt alive since then

• Thanks for sharing the info. "Apollo 11" was sort of OK, too.

• Cool, I have only seen Zodiac, the other movies look interesting.

• Oh I watched 22 July but I couldn't tolerate it because I come from a criminal record and seeing a guy shoot hundreds of children and bombing a building full of people really make people with criminal backgrounds that are reformed now by the way look like terrorist.
    The zodiac is a bad example because it's focus on a serial killer who murdered humans. Now I come from a criminal record and this makes me look like the zodiac. I can't even go out without dogs barking. So I don't watch it.
    Same with all the movies.

• The conjuring 1 and 2

• I'd just like to add Rob hall was a Kiwi!

• Neato.

• I dont know who

What Girls Said 8

• Has anyone ever seen Aurore? It was the first movie to ever make me cry, and it's based on a true story.

• I watched 22 July today and I was crying so much I am Norwegian and I just remember how crazy that day was Evan if u was in Greece at that time and I was 11

• I need to see zodiac. I'm originally from California and they believe strongly in astrology, spirituality (buddhism, yoga, zen, yin yangs) etc.

• It is a good movie. Just a heads up this Zodiac was less zen more criminal

• Hmmm

• I've only seen United 93 zodiac looks interesting

• 6. Forrest Gump

• Good take

• Thank you for sharing it.